Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Quilt-Along  Update Page >
  • The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

• The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

Old 10-02-2011, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Evie
    Violet, you're more "in there" than I am! I still have to set my blocks but haven't had much time for them right now. Am trying to finish two birthday quilts in the next couple of weeks (haven't you heard about how slow I am?) and then on to finishing at least four Christmas quilts. Did I mention what a slow quilter I am? :-) But, I do want to finish at least one of the twin FWS quilts for me for Christmas. So much to do! (sigh)
    I plan to do twins also. Not that I need a twin quilt, but I just don't think I can handle anything larger.
    Old 10-02-2011, 06:55 AM

Well, QN, I don't think there will be a problem with anyone jumping in whenever they can. Life gets in the way alot and can't be helped. What does help is encouragement from your fellow quilters/sewers egging you on to continue or to just stay in the game. You're experiencing that right now..right???
    Here we are...a year from the start and we still have some doing the FWS ...including myself!! there will be others finishing and posting and we will all look and reply until there are no more posts about it. Fabric, stitches and thread bonded more than a quilt in this journey and I am so glad about it.

I'm doing a few fast quilts plus a block swap and cutting out 1-1/2" stamps for a future project?? and looking forward to the Pony Club. When this does start it will just be 'The Pony Club'. I don't want any confusion with the FWS in front of the title. The current will be ongoing. I am looking forward to the new 'Trip". Anne
    Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 AM

Anne, will you be "heading up" the Pony Club? You did such a great job keeping the FWS group going when Muriel had to bow out you would be perfect for the Pony Club! I'm also looking forward to our next trip. :)
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 AM

Anne, will you be "heading up" the Pony Club? You did such a great job keeping the FWS group going when Muriel had to bow out you would be perfect for the Pony Club! I'm also looking forward to our next trip. :)
    As far as I know...I will be.. I spoke to Patrice and was requested that I hold off announcing until a month before the actual start up. So December 1, 2011 will be the official announcement that we will be starting after the New Year. So, start all your gathering because we will be doing a 'giddy-up' before we know it. :-P
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:22 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey
    As far as I know...I will be.. I spoke to Patrice and was requested that I hold off announcing until a month before the actual start up. So December 1, 2011 will be the official announcement that we will be starting after the New Year. So, start all your gathering because we will be doing a 'giddy-up' before we know it. :-P
    Giddy up and a Yahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    :)
    Old 10-02-2011, 08:25 AM

Thank you, thank you Anne, for taking us on the next journey. I hope you know how much we all appreciate your leadership and insight on these blocks. I was hesitant to sign for PC because some of the blocks look rather daunting; but with everyone's help here, I know I can learn how to do them. Really looking forward to it--you can't imagine how much I've missed the interaction with everyone on FWS thread. Feels like my good friends moved away! Now we can "get together" again soon.

It's been fun watching everyone else finishing up blocks now. I can say "hey, I remember doing that one" and comparing color choices, techniques, etc. Keep those pics coming, ladies.
    Old 10-02-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Honchey
    I'm doing a few fast quilts plus a block swap and cutting out 1-1/2" stamps for a future project?? and looking forward to the Pony Club. When this does start it will just be 'The Pony Club'. I don't want any confusion with the FWS in front of the title. The current will be ongoing. I am looking forward to the new 'Trip". Anne

LOL, that was a good one Anne!!! I'm also looking forward to The Pony Club quilt, thanks so much for taking on the task to "lead us" forward on this new endeavor! :lol: :lol:
    Old 10-02-2011, 10:36 AM

Anne, thanks for the kind words. Once I get the FW ready for quilting and also have done some quick quilts I think I will join in! I appreciate your perspective. When I join I'll just start where everyone is and go from there and then double back to do the earlier ones.

I have so appreciated everyone's comments still coming in as I post blocks. What a great group! Looking forward for another mosey with you.

Thanks Anne for being the wagonmaster!
    Old 10-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    Anne, thanks for the kind words. Once I get the FW ready for quilting and also have done some quick quilts I think I will join in! I appreciate your perspective. When I join I'll just start where everyone is and go from there and then double back to do the earlier ones.

I have so appreciated everyone's comments still coming in as I post blocks. What a great group! Looking forward for another mosey with you.

Thanks Anne for being the wagonmaster!
    So glad you are going to join us Quilting Nonnie!
    Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 AM

I'm game to join The Pony Club group, but I must say, after looking REALLY closely at some of the blocks, I think they will challenge what basic skills I have. I looked at Laurie's blog and perused the pages from the book she included. Yikes -- there are paper-piecing blocks! Those will definitely be a test for me. :shock: