Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The FWS Quilt-Along  Week 24  Discussion Page for Blocks 47 & 48 >
  • The FWS Quilt-Along Week 24 Discussion Page for Blocks 47 & 48

• The FWS Quilt-Along Week 24 Discussion Page for Blocks 47 & 48

Old 01-11-2011, 07:02 PM

I'm still amazed that we are still plugging along--week 24. I took a break tonite and went to Bingo--I won $77 dollars :-P :-P :-P --I'm a happy gal !! Okay back to the discussion-- we have been going back and forth about this block for over a week now the set in seams are a pain in the you know where and I'm happy for all of you that have completed it and I'm glad that we are past it. Let's move on to the easy ones ! Anne
    Old 01-12-2011, 06:13 AM

Is everyone snowed in?? I hope you are all okay??? These threads were jumping last week now it seems to have quieted down. Anne
    Old 01-12-2011, 06:24 AM

It's snowing and blowing in Eastern Washington! I didn't make mine with set in seams. I paper pieced mine, so #47 was easy for me, but I have extra seams. Congrats on your winning at bingo! How fun!
    Old 01-12-2011, 07:18 AM

Congrats on your $77 win! I'm snowed in and hating it; if the weather forecast is correct, I can get to the grocery stores on Friday. Having lived in 6 Canadian provinces and 7 U.S. states in my lifetime, I gotta tell ya ... I HATE snow & ice. My eldest daughter, who was attending a sleepover birthday party, just made it to safety by the skin of her teeth in a Kansas blizzard in the late '70's. Enough venting ... I'll go now and post photo of blocks 47 & 48.
    Old 01-13-2011, 07:12 AM

Snow here is six to eight inches deep; a neighbor with couple of tractors cleared all the driveways in our neighborhood yesterday afternoon. We do not plan on going anywhere, but it was nice to have the driveway clear.

Busy in the quilting room when I am not in the famly room next to the gas heater putting a quilt puzzle together. Had fun with #47. Hope everyone enjoys it.
    Old 01-13-2011, 09:31 AM

We are not snowed in, not one flake here.couldn't have our weekly sewing group meeting today because of the cold. It was 21 or 22 degrees this am but should get to around 35 all day.
    Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM

It's freezing here and snowy, about 6" on ground and blowing and just plain sucks!! I hate snow (even tho I've lived in this area all my life LOL). Getting lots of sewing done; worked ahead on some FWS blocks.
    I had trouble (obvious from pic) with block 47. I'm getting really discouraged and am embarrassed to post my pics. Not sure how many more I'll do. (sorry, having a pity party). You guys are great with color selection and piecing--I love looking at your blocks.
    Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN
    It's freezing here and snowy, about 6" on ground and blowing and just plain sucks!! I hate snow (even tho I've lived in this area all my life LOL). Getting lots of sewing done; worked ahead on some FWS blocks.
    I had trouble (obvious from pic) with block 47. I'm getting really discouraged and am embarrassed to post my pics. Not sure how many more I'll do. (sorry, having a pity party). You guys are great with color selection and piecing--I love looking at your blocks.
    janRN, don't be so hard on yourself. I just checked your pics and I thought they looked great--like the colors, too. I have just started this and started at this point and will work backward as I move forward--crazy huh? Block 47 is a tough one, for sure--what a block to start with. Once these blocks get in a quilt our minor imperfections won't be noticed. The gals who PP really have the sharp corners because they PP. Since I don't care to PP, I deal with my imperfections!
    Old 01-13-2011, 08:44 PM
    Power Poster

Okay--after looking at so many beautifully pieced blocks, how many are PP? Also how many are working on this activity? Thanks.
    Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 PM

I am not paper piecing.

Originally 77 quilters enrolled to do the sampler; some participants, I think, chose to not have their names on that list. Some have quietly dropped out; some have gotten behind when life/jobs got in the way; a few who quit did post their intention to do so. It's difficult to say how many of us are still doing this sampler because it has always been a "work at your own pace" project.

Note to JanRN: Your blocks are just fine. Some of your color choices are absolutely great. I especially love that swirly grey/black fabric. You should quit beating yourself up!