Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >
  • I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

• I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 PM

I see you teach. My daughter works at Sugar Mill Elementary.
    Originally Posted by quilter rkc
    My porch is a little wonky but I plan to leave it this way.
    I see some of my Texas neighbors are hanging around. I live in Richmond and work in Sugar Land. We have probably passed each other in the aisles at Joann's..
    Old 02-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Yeah I thought there would be better sales, but it was already so picked over. I also shop at the Quilter's Emporium in Stafford and Quilter's Cottage in Richmond. Quilter's Cottage is next door to the place I get my hair cut...how convenient for me!!!

Originally Posted by PKWard
    We will definitely be passing each other in the new Joann's! I love to eat at Sandy McGee's in Richmond. :)
    I see some of my Texas neighbors are hanging around. I live in Richmond and work in Sugar Land. We have probably passed each other in the aisles at Joann's..
    I have been saving my pennies so I can take advantage of the new location. Things have been slim at the present location since before Christmas. See ya there...
    Old 02-04-2011, 04:16 PM

Matilda: I love your yard that's filled with such pretty flowers! And the basket of apples under the tree is so perfect!
    :thumbup:
    Old 02-04-2011, 04:19 PM

MommaDorian: nice job on your house! I'm going to try to get mine started this weekend. Oops!! I shouldn't have said that! :shock: Everytime I plan to get in some sewing, something comes up and puts a kink in my plans!! :thumbdown:
    Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM

nickylsf: Your block is so interesting!! Love the fabric you chose for the yard! Lots of critters running around on your farm!! The doggy with his/her bowl is just too cute!! :thumbup:
    Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 PM

quilter rkc: Nice block! I think I have the same yellow fabric you used for your windows! :thumbup:
    Old 02-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Here is my Farmhouse Block. I am having so much fun with this! Thanks to everyone for all the cool ideas.
    I love your block! So much color and details! So glad that you are having fun. :thumbup:
    Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Here is my Farmhouse Block. I am having so much fun with this! Thanks to everyone for all the cool ideas.
    WOW!! :thumbup: What cool ideas you have put together, for your Farm House block. I just LOVE it. You have added so many neat things & you did a great job!! You make my block look so DULL!!:D Nice work.
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM

I just happen to like wonky!! :thumbup: Your house block is beautiful & I really like the dark back ground fabric. It makes it look like night time. What a good idea. You did good!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 02-04-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Originally Posted by bailey
    Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Love all the blocks so far...Great window boxes and all the extra touches all have put on their house.
    Below is my translation of a Farmhouse...Allot of animals taking over the place on a stormy day. Always wanted to live on a farm and have a hse just like this cats and all....
    Love, love, love your block. Especially the calf. You all have raised the bar sooooooooo high! I have been working on mine today for about 5 hours and haven't even got 1/2 of it done. I think I have sewn and UNsewn each piece at least twice and a lot of them 3 times. This PP stuff is really, really time consuming. LOL

Got to quit looking at all the great blocks or I will be afraid to post mine....
    Suggestion: I put my machine on bast or largest stitch 6.0 just to make sure all lined up and looks ok then I just resew right over the bast stitch if OK...If not so easy to pull the basting stitch out...
    Hobbycat, where have you been all the times I have ruined my eyes, not to mention my pleasant disposition, trying to undo those teensy stitches. Thanks you, thank you for such a simple solution to "ripinsanity".
    Now, as for the calf in your front yard, if somebody doesn't herd it out of there, Mama cow is going to come looking for her baby and splat right on the lovely flagstone walk.