Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 22, LS4, L2, L5, C9, C11 >
  • Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 22, LS4, L2, L5, C9, C11

• Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 22, LS4, L2, L5, C9, C11

Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM
    Power Poster

Ha! I hate to say that you look so sweet in your avatar Tiff...but you have that "quilt snatching" gleam in you eye. I know the look well...I see it in the mirror sometimes :oops: :roll: :wink:

OK, I did finish my blocks last night. A few days late..but here they are.

wek 22
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]80757[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-80752.jpe  
    Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Ha! I hate to say that you look so sweet in your avatar Tiff...but you have that "quilt snatching" gleam in you eye. I know the look well...I see it in the mirror sometimes :oops: :roll: :wink:

OK, I did finish my blocks last night. A few days late..but here they are.
    Patti, they are lovely, and all that worrying about curves too - not a thing wrong with them, they are great. Sorry Tiff, I'm not letting my snowflake out of the country, but will give a tute some thought.
    Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM

Here is Week 22 - my tri is a redo later, my fabric choices are a bust on that one!

My helper, on my lap, Week 22
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]80929[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-80924.jpe   attachment-80926.jpe  
    Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM

Those are wonderful Pat and Meredith!

Leslie - I had to try! :lol: Maybe I should come visit you & draft the pattern. ;)

Pat - gleam, what gleam? MuHahahahahahahahaha...
    Old 06-08-2010, 05:08 AM
    Power Poster

Hey Meredith...your blocks look wonderful!!! How about just appliquing something different in that big middle spot on the bottom section that will make the tri pop??? Then the smaller pieces that are trying to blend in will be just fine :wink: I'd lay that out to try it....love all the others..I'm still recognizing lots of that fabric! I'm down to scraps just about from that J/R.

Tiff....ha...I think I heard an echo of some weird laugh coming through my puter :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 06-08-2010, 07:49 AM

Hey Meredith...your blocks look wonderful!!! How about just appliquing something different in that big middle spot on the bottom section that will make the tri pop??? Then the smaller pieces that are trying to blend in will be just fine :wink: I'd lay that out to try it....love all the others..I'm still recognizing lots of that fabric! I'm down to scraps just about from that J/R.

Tiff....ha...I think I heard an echo of some weird laugh coming through my puter :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Patti, Thanks for the suggestion! :) I will try changing that piece out, it just looks so blaaahhh. I love that fabric, and I have enough for the entire quilt top. But I have a short attention span, and I am really getting tired of it, so I suppose I am trying different combinations. I thought about an outline of black thread, but I was hoping somebody could tell me how to save that one! :)
    Old 06-08-2010, 12:48 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilhelmina

Patti, Thanks for the suggestion! :) I will try changing that piece out, it just looks so blaaahhh. I love that fabric, and I have enough for the entire quilt top. But I have a short attention span, and I am really getting tired of it, so I suppose I am trying different combinations. I thought about an outline of black thread, but I was hoping somebody could tell me how to save that one! :)
    Lovely set Wil, as for the tri, it's a shame to waste it, cos it looks really good - what about fabric paint? Or colouring pencils? Try on a scrap first and set with your iron, then wet it to see what happens.
    Old 06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
    Power Poster

Those are good ideas too...I was thinking maybe fabric paint on 1 or 2 of the tiny tris in the top section and then appliquing over the biggest middle section on the bottom. You can sure save it Meredith...I wouldn't trash it for sure! I love that fabric too!

Hmmmm, I was just thinking...I know, I know, all this thinking and I'm going to hurt myself!! But..I have some of the same fabrics, so I know that what I am working with will blend with what you are working with....wanna swap out a little bit of some that you are getting bored with? I only had the jelly roll of that particular KT..but I do have some that blend well with it...just a thought...don't feel like you have to at all!
    Old 06-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Beautiful blocks and colors ladies!
    Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Those are good ideas too...I was thinking maybe fabric paint on 1 or 2 of the tiny tris in the top section and then appliquing over the biggest middle section on the bottom. You can sure save it Meredith...I wouldn't trash it for sure! I love that fabric too!

Hmmmm, I was just thinking...I know, I know, all this thinking and I'm going to hurt myself!! But..I have some of the same fabrics, so I know that what I am working with will blend with what you are working with....wanna swap out a little bit of some that you are getting bored with? I only had the jelly roll of that particular KT..but I do have some that blend well with it...just a thought...don't feel like you have to at all!
    Ok ladies I have reworked that tri and will post a pic later, its better now, I t.h.i.n.k I can live with it! The top and the middle applique piece are a dark green and I replaced the stitching on the other two larger applique pieces with dark green. Thanks for your suggestions Patti & Lesley! :)

Sure Patti, we can swap some fabric, I sent you a PM.