Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Weeks 1 through 6 >
  • Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Weeks 1 through 6

• Jane Stickle Cyber Sew - Weeks 1 through 6

Old 12-22-2010, 01:10 AM

Quite a few did scrappy on the front, 1930īs prints, the original colour way of DJ, I did mine in asian fabric and am pleased with the results. I think around 80 of us started and we are down to 6 nearly finished and another 5 or 6 coming along behind. Do you have the DJ CD, its very helpful with all the patterns, templates and PP that you need.
    BTW one of our ladies finished in record time and it was all quilted in I think 7 months
    Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 AM

After some sleep (not much) I woke up thinking 2 DJ'ish quilts. One with only flower blocks. One with random blocks. Without following the reproduction, I am free to use whatever combination I choose. The concept will be the same but a different spin. Maybe break it up into different techniques........paper piecing, strip piecing, etc.........
    Old 12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
    Power Poster

dee...that sounds like a great plan! So you are designing (or selecting) your own blocks, making them 4 1/2" square (jane-ish) and using 169 blocks for your center...Are you gonna pony up and do some triangles for the border or do something equally fantastic?

Please show us as you go along....we looooove to watch!
    Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 PM

Dee, looking forward to your design. Do you have the EQ software or are you graphing this out by hand? I haven't used graph paper in ages. Kind of miss it. Sometimes. :0)

I was planing to take a one year anniversary pic in January so I'll post that around here somewhere. I've made a few changes but nothing too noticeable.
    Old 12-22-2010, 10:12 PM

Gee I was hoping someone would say "Don't bite off more than u can chew............So I wouldn't have to tell my mentor what I'm planning but Noooooooooooo.QUILTERS ARE SEW CRAZY!! I'm off and running. NO I don't have EQ I have a computer brain,,,, and a very vivid imagination. Maybe a little graph paper at the end but I will keep u posted and
    hopefully I won't lose my "Block" I can't wait to start. I'm cat sitting for a week with no sewing machine.
    Old 12-22-2010, 10:18 PM

I'm trying not to use my favorite colorway(purple). My mentor would expect that. But I'll let the quilt dictate the border. I'll give u a hint.......I love on point.
    Old 12-22-2010, 11:56 PM

You canīt have the excuse of not having a machine, Jane did hers by hand, so come on. You will find in a lot of the cases you will just have to finish them by hand, from someone who knows.
    Old 12-23-2010, 06:27 AM
    Power Poster

Hmmm....not only crazy, but not sympathetic either evidently! :lol::lol:! I guess if you don't want to do it by hand, you can get started with your doodling on graph paper. Are you going to use the Jane blocks as a "jumping off point" for your blocks, then change up the designs into flowers or whatever or are you going to use actual "flower" blocks?

You do know dee that you'll have to post all your progress so we can see it!
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:34 AM

I'm just saying that I will not be sewing other projects. I'm using this time to plan my (DEAR JANE BY DEE)I have my tools (graph paper, colored pencils, looseleaf binder, calendar, ruler and foundation paper(fabric). I can't stop thinking about this new project. Once I get started its full steam ahead. I even have my journal to map all the changes.................
    Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 AM

Sandpat, your quilt is the dream I have not been able to get out of my head :thumbup:
    THis is where the obsession seed started. There's no way I'm not going to post the progress. I'm depending on U to keep me straight. I have a tendency to get lost in the quilt and change mid stream. :!: Remember 2 quilts, different themes, 1 year, 8 blocks a week, quilt as u go, addition= I love reversible quilts (idea- sign each block with design source or name on reverse) is that crazy enough! Please Lord.............Keep me together as I insist on sewing up a storm. Amen.