Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's. >
  • January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's.

• January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 AM

Lyn Hut that turned out just wonderful, love the fabric choices.
    Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 AM

Very striking block!
    Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 AM

After taking a couple of years off from quilting, I feel it is time to get started again! Life kept getting in the way, 3 moves in the last 18 months (2 local and 1 long distance) and two of the houses had no extra room to sew in. I now have the the choice of rooms and might move my things out to the studio instead of being in the house.
    All previously posted blocks look awesome and made me want to join in the fun!
    Anyhow, here is my block, not perfect but will do til I decide to redo it. My problem was trying to get the template to print at the right size and I didn't succeed at that. My block is only 11 1/4".
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by fun2quilt
    After taking a couple of years off from quilting, I feel it is time to get started again! Life kept getting in the way, 3 moves in the last 18 months (2 local and 1 long distance) and two of the houses had no extra room to sew in. I now have the the choice of rooms and might move my things out to the studio instead of being in the house.
    All previously posted blocks look awesome and made me want to join in the fun!
    Anyhow, here is my block, not perfect but will do til I decide to redo it. My problem was trying to get the template to print at the right size and I didn't succeed at that. My block is only 11 1/4".
    Kathy...........Welcome back to the board, we have missed you but understand how life can get in the way!! Your Whirling Star block for January 2013 turned out really great. I love the fabric's & color's that you chose to put together, they are awesome. We will all be looking forward to seeing your next block if this series, when it is time to be posted. Thank you for sharing with all of us today!!
    Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 PM

Wow, all such great blocks!
    Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 AM

I haven't been here for a while and enjoyed looking at all the gorgeous blocks! You all did so well!
    Old 01-14-2013, 05:02 AM

Fun2quilt, your block looks great. If you have a problem printing make sure your scaling (on the print screen) is set to NONE- I have learned that the hard way. I have made a few other blocks and they turned out a bit too small, so I have added a border around the blocks to make them 12 1/2", one I measured wrong and had to add two small borders, WOW did that make a striking block.
    Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 PM

I think my block would be voted "Most Unlikely Colors!"
    I haven't been to town to buy the batiks I'd like to make a quilt with, so I just used some leftover fabric I had , and some I received in a Secret Swap here.

I had Sula's post with her pretty block open on the sewing room computer, so her smiling face Avatar was like having someone look over my shoulder.

I used Patrice's templates, thanks for posting those Patrice.

I'm enjoying looking at all the beautiful blocks. I think I like the effect of the background with solid, one color blocks the best. The black and white, and black and yellows one are really striking!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388098[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails whirlingstar.jpg  
    Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM

That's pretty cas..if you're using patrice's you do need the 4 fabrics like you used this time because of the different sizes on the spokes....it's very striking! I'm so enjoying each member's photos.... and have to admit it's hard to think we have another ½ month before our next pattern!
    Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR
    I think my block would be voted "Most Unlikely Colors!"
    I haven't been to town to buy the batiks I'd like to make a quilt with, so I just used some leftover fabric I had , and some I received in a Secret Swap here.

I had Sula's post with her pretty block open on the sewing room computer, so her smiling face Avatar was like having someone look over my shoulder.

I used Patrice's templates, thanks for posting those Patrice.

I'm enjoying looking at all the beautiful blocks. I think I like the effect of the background with solid, one color blocks the best. The black and white, and black and yellows one are really striking!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388098[/ATTACH]
    Cas............I had a feeling that you were letting me watch you create your beautiful block, for this month!! I just love the fabric's & color's that you picked to put together, they are so pretty. It is a definate keeper. Keep up the great work & I will be looking forward to seeing you post your February block, when it is done!!