Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • January 15, 2008 - Crystals - Photos >
  • January 15, 2008 - Crystals - Photos

• January 15, 2008 - Crystals - Photos

Old 12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
    Power Poster

ok, I am sitting here drooling over these blocks, and I am going to jump in and ask the (dumb) question....i'm somewhat new to quilting y'all and even newer to computers! eek! mine was a
    bargain and I got what I paid for...live and learn),...
    here goes...?where? is the block pattern?
    one day i thought you clicked on download of a picture and that is what i got...a picture.
    I'm one of those ppl that have to have the obvious pointed out, but at least I'm not like some men, I am asking, lol!
    just think of me as a puppy in a group of big dogs...want to learn and try, if not catch up, at least trail not too far behind.
    not going to try to do challenge thing, but if I can get a new camera I would love to share stuff. Just have to learn how. k? C
    Old 12-10-2008, 03:12 PM
    Power Poster

whoa! I did it...I figured if puppies sniff things out, well then I had better get to sniffing...bad sniffer this week, have a cold, lol!
    anyway, i finally clicked on the words...block of the month and went to the list page and read it and clicked on discussion and went to jan. 15. 08, which is the pattern that I wanted and ta da, now i am copying the pattern. woo hoo!
    now comes the love/hate part...ever feel that way? I love to pick the fabrics....love, love, love to...it's just that I get so many ideas that it's hard not to change my mind. I am always thinking what if i come across another pattern that would suit this fabric better and i am sorry i cut it?
    that is how I originally became quiltncrazy...that was 12 months ago...cluvsquilts, now, but don't know how to change nickname.
    Think if I knew how it would encourage me. see? puppy....just a puppy. (lol) C
    Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 PM
    Administrator

don't change your nickname. quilting makes us all crazy from time to time, but we're all always crazy about quilting. :wink:
    Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks, PatriceJ! Your reply made me realize why this nick has bothered me. I joined in January when I was very sick and forgot the whole thing. Just recently came back and found out I had this nickname etc. Long story I won't bore you with, but after seeing some quacks and ending up traveling quite a ways, many, many times to get medical help and after a horrible year finally got better. Guess the nick reminds me of the so called dr. that thought i was a hypo- you know....i digress....but this is quilting....and quilting sometimes does make me crazy, but I love it!
    If you saw all my fabrics you'd think the nick fits, lol. anyone who has that much fabric must be crazy about something. That's it, from now on, I hold my head up high and quiltncrazy i may be....but at least it's a hobby built out of love. Hobby? lol...i think quilt, eat quilt, dream quilt....after christmas gonna quilt-quilt. I'm all thru venting now, thanks PJ!!!
    Old 12-11-2008, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Thanks, PatriceJ! Your reply made me realize why this nick has bothered me. I joined in January when I was very sick and forgot the whole thing. Just recently came back and found out I had this nickname etc. Long story I won't bore you with, but after seeing some quacks and ending up traveling quite a ways, many, many times to get medical help and after a horrible year finally got better. Guess the nick reminds me of the so called dr. that thought i was a hypo- you know....i digress....but this is quilting....and quilting sometimes does make me crazy, but I love it!
    If you saw all my fabrics you'd think the nick fits, lol. anyone who has that much fabric must be crazy about something. That's it, from now on, I hold my head up high and quiltncrazy i may be....but at least it's a hobby built out of love. Hobby? lol...i think quilt, eat quilt, dream quilt....after christmas gonna quilt-quilt. I'm all thru venting now, thanks PJ!!!
    Stupid doctors. If you ever have to see the one who called you a hypo, just ask him what his grades were in medical school. You'll likely discover he was a D student. :P

And it is my personal opinion that no one can ever own too much fabric! I have friends who are on strike, refusing to buy any more fabric until they use up some of their stash. I'm just the opposite. It's taken me years and years to collect all my fabric and each one is waiting for just the right quilt. And with the way fabric themes come and go, my motto is that 'One can never have too much fabric!.' :lol: You are crazy in a good way. :wink:
    Old 12-12-2008, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Stupid doctors. If you ever have to see the one who called you a hypo, just ask him what his grades were in medical school. You'll likely discover he was a D student. :P

And it is my personal opinion that no one can ever own too much fabric! I have friends who are on strike, refusing to buy any more fabric until they use up some of their stash. I'm just the opposite. It's taken me years and years to collect all my fabric and each one is waiting for just the right quilt. And with the way fabric themes come and go, my motto is that 'One can never have too much fabric!.' :lol: You are crazy in a good way. :wink:

Hear! Hear!!!! :lol:
    Old 12-14-2008, 09:11 AM

Hi Quiltncrazy
    Glad you liked the pattern that I chose. It took me most of 3 months to finish the whole blanket for by great neice using this block. But it was fun doing it. I'm sure you will feel the same way when you get your teeth into it.

Don't worry about acquiring too much fabric. We all find a use for it at some point in time. The fun part is looking for a perfect pattern to use it in. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with all that fabric you have accumulated.

By the way, we're all a little 'crazy" when it comes to quilting and buying fabric for our hobby. That's what makes it so much fun to do and to share with great people like those on this Quilting Board.

Connie
    Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 PM
    Power Poster

wow, you guys are the best. i was feeling a little embarrassed about being so open. Now i am glad i did. I can't wait to see what i make with all this fabric either, lol.
    i have scaled back on how much i buy at one time, but i just gotta buy at least remnants. It's like withdrawal or something to go in store and not look at fabrics! C
    Old 01-04-2009, 06:35 AM

This is a great pattern and I love every ones colors. Can't wait to try it!