Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • July 1, 2008  - North Star - Directions & Discussion (Patterns Added to Last Page) >
  • July 1, 2008 - North Star - Directions & Discussion (Patterns Added to Last Page)

• July 1, 2008 - North Star - Directions & Discussion (Patterns Added to Last Page)

Old 07-06-2008, 06:18 AM

Yes, I read that you were doing the original. I was only kidding you all. I think Shelly does great patterns :!: I just wish I had not started yet. Looking at the pattern Shelly just posted, I see how simple PP the whole thing could be. Oh well, my are comming along slowly!! I am doing the July 15th one the one I was suppose to do. I got called on early for this one. I already have one picked for the 15th. It is a really hard one. So get ready. No I am kidding. It will be a relief. Simple and cute. :D
    Old 07-06-2008, 11:30 AM

:lol: Hey Donna don't scare us like that, (just kidding) Seriously tho I think it was a neat block and I luv everybodies different solutions to making it, even if that was driven by the scardy cat factor :wink: :lol: Barb, I really like the way you've tuned the whole thing on point in your patt, are you going to give us a pic of that finished block too (hint hint)
    Old 07-06-2008, 11:51 AM

lol geez shelley lol, don't you know i'm real good at starting something and not finishing??? lol lol Actually it's not turned on point, i added an extra star point, oh geez, guess im gonna have to finish now so i can show you lol lol lol, ok, gotta finish borders on other block first :)
    Old 07-06-2008, 12:04 PM

Silly me :lol: , no it isn't on point , but I like the addition :thumbup: . may I borrow your design to make one for my quilt? I won't use your design for anything else.
    Cheers
    Old 07-06-2008, 12:21 PM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by Barb M
    I don't know why it takes me so long, i don't know, is it taking you this long to do this block, or just me? lol :)
    it isn't only you. on a block like this, i proceed very slowly and methodically. i'd rather spend extra hours sewing than extra hour UNsewing and REsewing. :lol:
    Old 07-06-2008, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    I don't know why it takes me so long, i don't know, is it taking you this long to do this block, or just me? lol :)
    it isn't only you. on a block like this, i proceed very slowly and methodically. i'd rather spend extra hours sewing than extra hour UNsewing and REsewing. :lol:
    Well I will have to say this block has taken me longer then any block I have ever made. I have had more mishaps with this one and not because of the block pattern but all because of me. I won't even tell you all everything that has happened. I'll just say a couple of things to give you a clue. When I got to the part where you have the eight pieces, I was cutting off all the edges like they should be and when I was finished realized I had cut off the seam allowances from two of them. Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So of course there is nothing I could do except make two new parts. So I made the two and when I went to sew the pairs together realized the two I remade were backwards. Figure out how I did that one! :shock: That is just a small part of what has happened. When I started out it was a fiasco. And it has nothing to do with the pattern. It is all me. Now I am ready to do the Y seam, and I am stalling because I don't think nothing else can go wrong, I KNOW something else will go wrong. So after I am finished lashing myself with all the fabric mistakes I will laugh at myself and go on...... Oh I just love to quilt! :D :D :D :D
    Old 07-06-2008, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ
    Silly me :lol: , no it isn't on point , but I like the addition :thumbup: . may I borrow your design to make one for my quilt? I won't use your design for anything else.
    Cheers
    Silly you, of course you can use my design, my design only happened cus i didnt want to follow directions lol lol And the only reason it's gonna be a 16" block, is same reason, it was easier for me to just use a piece of 8 1/2" computer paper, than for me to have to measure a 6 1/2" square, see? lol It's a matter of easy lol lol Didnt even use a ruler for this one, just penciled in the lines by sight LOL My patterns are everyone's patterns, and you can use it for anything, heck, i don't even care if you publish, cus i don't intend to :) :) :) lol
    Old 07-06-2008, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
    Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Well I will have to say this block has taken me longer then any block I have ever made. I have had more mishaps with this one and not because of the block pattern but all because of me. I won't even tell you all everything that has happened. I'll just say a couple of things to give you a clue. When I got to the part where you have the eight pieces, I was cutting off all the edges like they should be and when I was finished realized I had cut off the seam allowances from two of them. Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So of course there is nothing I could do except make two new parts. So I made the two and when I went to sew the pairs together realized the two I remade were backwards. Figure out how I did that one! :shock: That is just a small part of what has happened. When I started out it was a fiasco. And it has nothing to do with the pattern. It is all me. Now I am ready to do the Y seam, and I am stalling because I don't think nothing else can go wrong, I KNOW something else will go wrong. So after I am finished lashing myself with all the fabric mistakes I will laugh at myself and go on...... Oh I just love to quilt! :D :D :D :D
    Donna, you just don't have the concept of whatever works easiest! lol lol lol See, few weeks ago, i threw in the buttercup log cabin. All i did was cut up the fabric, and lay it out how it will look when it's sewn, then i just sat back and waited!!! lol lol lol Sure enough, couple good BOM'rs got their blocks all done and sewn, and voila, i didnt have to sew mine together for a demo block, cus well, it was already done lol lol Have i sewn that block together yet????? nooooo LOL LOL LOL
    Old 07-06-2008, 03:53 PM

Lol, that is sooo funny Barb, but you don't wanna be giving away all your secrets girlfriend :lol: Thanks about the block :D

Here is the pattern for Foundation Piecing as requested, also below is a pic showing what your measurements should be (not including seam allowances) please check your printout to make sure it is correct. You might notice that the numbering is different from the previous pic, that is because I found it way easier to sew the longer pieces in first, so I adjusted the patt to show this :P

Cheers

Pic of Measurements for North Star
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13949[/ATTACH]

Patt for Foundation Piecing North Star 12" in PDF format
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]57328[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-13949.jpe  
    Attached Files
    File Type: pdf
    Attachment-57328.pdf (4.1 KB, 72 views)
    Old 07-06-2008, 05:16 PM

[/quote]

Donna, you just don't have the concept of whatever works easiest! lol lol lol See, few weeks ago, i threw in the buttercup log cabin. All i did was cut up the fabric, and lay it out how it will look when it's sewn, then i just sat back and waited!!! lol lol lol Sure enough, couple good BOM'rs got their blocks all done and sewn, and voila, i didnt have to sew mine together for a demo block, cus well, it was already done lol lol Have i sewn that block together yet????? nooooo LOL LOL LOL[/quote]

but Barb, you just don't get it.. I did sit back and wait. You posted the demo block :!: :P LOL LOL :lol: :lol: :P