Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard >
  • Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

• Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Old 02-18-2014, 10:13 AM

Looks like I'm caught up now . . . not sure I like my selection, but it's fun anyway And now that I know the pattern, I'll start digging through some more scraps . . .
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]463095[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_1629.jpg  
    Old 02-18-2014, 10:36 AM

well, since you don't like your selection KLT I guess I will suffer up and take it off your hands for you. Yep, I'll just go ahead and make that sacrifice. Those squares are fantastic! So pretty, it looks like it would belong anywhere, including the hallway table to greet people with such cheer.
    Old 02-18-2014, 11:29 AM

Should be caught up tonight. Little blocks are done and just checking to make sure they are square before I make the bigger blocks I still have problems with .25 seams. I will have a picture tonight if I get them all done. Haven't gotten as much sewing done as I wanted, some how the train takes me home just as the snow stops so I have to clean the drive ways. I will be glad when DH is back from his trip, thin I can stay on the train and enjoy scones and he can clear snow!!!
    Old 02-18-2014, 12:07 PM

Wow..... no experience with snow but it sounds like washing dishes with teenage boys in the house...endless
    Old 02-18-2014, 01:40 PM
    Power Poster

KLTQuilts,those are really nice.If you can't get it to trippgal send it my way.
    Old 02-18-2014, 02:11 PM

Thank you Trippgal and Lawsonmugs for your kind offers and compliments Sometimes I question my ability to pull together prints & solid colors . . . let's wait until Ms. Judy completes her weekly venues before I request your mailing address
    Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM

I'm afraid if we did have a "like" button for posts that mine would be worn out by now! Although I have not started working on my mystery project yet I have been tagging along for all the beautiful scenery! So far I have fallen in love with each of the projects being posted!! Keep it up! Keep me inspired!!!!!
    Old 02-18-2014, 04:21 PM

Well late, but hopefully, not too late to join in the train ride. I will probably wait until the train gets to Florida and just welcome all of you since I am already in Florida. Got my scrappy fabrics picked out and started with cutting the pieces. I am waaaaayyyy behind but will get caught up soon. Hope all the goodies aren't all eaten before you get to me! I'll try to have something to celebrate with. I'm not a drinker so maybe some nonalcoholic champagne? This will be my first mystery train ride. I'm excited to see all the lovely toppers or bed/throw quilts. I'll try to post a pic of my fabric choices as soon as I have them ready. Might be a little while though. Busy day tomorrow.
    Old 02-18-2014, 04:52 PM

Okay, so I'm guessing...sashed squares of B to alternate? That would complete the sashing on the blocks we have.

Either that, or the butler did it!
    Old 02-18-2014, 05:05 PM

Welcome aboard!!! AlvaStitcher These mystery's are fun don't worry about the goodies being gone by the time you hop on board because we have elves that restock every few hours. What ever you want to sip on is great and we share, I'm having hot blackberry pomegranate tea it's very tasty. Well back to the machine, have 6 blocks done and 7 to go.

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher
    Well late, but hopefully, not too late to join in the train ride. I will probably wait until the train gets to Florida and just welcome all of you since I am already in Florida. Got my scrappy fabrics picked out and started with cutting the pieces. I am waaaaayyyy behind but will get caught up soon. Hope all the goodies aren't all eaten before you get to me! I'll try to have something to celebrate with. I'm not a drinker so maybe some nonalcoholic champagne? This will be my first mystery train ride. I'm excited to see all the lovely toppers or bed/throw quilts. I'll try to post a pic of my fabric choices as soon as I have them ready. Might be a little while though. Busy day tomorrow.