Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >
  • New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

• New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 03-03-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by capucine
    Dear All
    I hope you are all having a great day so far!
    Should i remove the purple flowers? I am hand applique and looking forward to the next block :)
    I was going to say just change your lowest left side flower to purple and it should even out.
    Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 AM

I agree , change the left lower side purple flower. Your doing a awesome job!
    Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Originally Posted by gal288
    Can needle turn applique and just hand applique (that's button stitch style) be applied to the same project? I have started doing hand applique for the BOM Baltimore and was wondering if a mixture of both be ok on altenate block? :)
    I do it. All the time, button style is more folk art, so. If that is ok with you go for it

Enjoyed seeing. Your center
    I almost changed to the folk art style with button hole but had started with needle turn. I came down with shingles this last weekend and on the face of all places, and of course, by the eye so have to take it even slower. button hole would speed it up for me a bit. perhaps with the center in needleturn, and then do the rest in button hole. Glad to see that it is "acceptable" to do it with mixed styles. Not that I always do the "acceptable" thing. LOL
    Glad to see you back. Hope you are feeling a little better. Shingles can be kind of rough.
    Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by nanaquilter
    Can needle turn applique and just hand applique (that's button stitch style) be applied to the same project? I have started doing hand applique for the BOM Baltimore and was wondering if a mixture of both be ok on altenate block? :)
    I do it. All the time, button style is more folk art, so. If that is ok with you go for it

I almost changed to the folk art style with button hole but had started with needle turn. I came down with shingles this last weekend and on the face of all places, and of course, by the eye so have to take it even slower. button hole would speed it up for me a bit. perhaps with the center in needleturn, and then do the rest in button hole. Glad to see that it is "acceptable" to do it with mixed styles. Not that I always do the "acceptable" thing. LOL
    Glad to see you back. Hope you are feeling a little better. Shingles can be kind of rough.
    Thanks. I am starting to see things out of the second eye a little bit now. Last night my brother asked me what he could bring me to make me feel better. I told him Ibprofen and reinforcement circles from the office supply section. LOL. I spent last night making all those little circles. I might try to start and stitch one of them on tonight. Not all my flowers look the best. Perhaps I will try to "reshape" one or two when I feel better and get more time. By the time I am finished with this...I might even redo the first block because I will know more about doing this stuff by then. :)
    Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 AM

I am sorry to hear you have shingles please take good care i believe shingles can be stressful. Looks like mine will be a folk art quilt instead :):(

Old 03-03-2011, 07:05 AM

I'm still behind on this first block. I had a challenge quilt deadline to meet last week so I'm just this week getting started on this block. The first applique quilt I did, they suggested I not go back and redo blocks as I got better so I would always know how much I had improved. I did do some redoing on the blocks as I worked on them and have already redone a couple of leaves on this block but if one does too much redoing nothing gets done.
    Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Hope you feel better soid soon. I cracked up when you said, reinforcement circles ! :lol:
    Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 AM
    e4

Kim,
    You aren't late - its the first block! I didn't start until late last week and finished my block on Saturday. Use any colors you want - there certainly is precedence for using dark backgrounds in Baltimore album (BA) style quilts. Many BA quilts were made with only red and green fabrics so most of us are rather "out of the ordinary" when we use lots of colors - and there certainly weren't any batiks in early BA quilts. Part of the fun I see in doing this BOM is that we all start with the same pattern and then make it our own - the differences are all amazing and beautiful.
    Old 03-03-2011, 07:10 AM

We are our own worst critics.
    Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    Hope you feel better soid soon. I cracked up when you said, reinforcement circles ! :lol:
    I have a great brother. He brought them over and said "umm. are THESE what you wanted?" After I gave him a hug he said "guess so". He went away happy also after I gave him a hug and leftover pork roast. I think he was happier with the pork roast but never turns down my hugs. LOL