Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • NEW! BOM with Quilt Story Quilt-Along >
  • NEW! BOM with Quilt Story Quilt-Along

• NEW! BOM with Quilt Story Quilt-Along

Old 03-03-2012, 07:14 AM

I thought we would be given a block with a story to go with that block. I think I'll drop out as I have too many other quilts to make at this time and I can always plan my own sampler. Have fun everyone!
    Old 03-03-2012, 05:08 PM

Mine block for March is Done! Now you have to wait until March 5 to see it! Naaa! I'll post it now. I am using a layer cake I bought from Missiouri Star Quilt on their Daily Deal last week.
    It is Patternista by Benartex. Really bold and wild colors!
    Attached Thumbnails march-2012-quilt-story.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltingKrazy; 03-03-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Old 03-03-2012, 07:26 PM

looking good, girl-inista!

Last edited by nancia; 03-03-2012 at 07:31 PM.
    Old 03-03-2012, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts
    Love the blocks and fabrics being used. I still can't decide on my fabrics. I was working on gathering fabrics for the next Boomerang 7 block swap and for the Mystery Train Quilt along on QB. It's not like I don't have any fabric to chose from...I just can't decide......... at least I still have a few days before we officially start this BOM!!

Now that some of you have added pictures to this thread do you want to continue adding our pictures for the BOM quilt along on this thread or the picture thread???
    Originally Posted by Anael
    A picture thread would be nice, otherwise we have to search this thread for all the pictures.

As all monthly themes are known and we're supposed to make our own block, we could make the whole quilt without waiting for .... uhhhh .... I don't know?
    I too am thinking that this thread will get way too full & harder to look through if we post picts here. The picture thread is still a good idea. I thought I'd post a link here for it, so we all don't have to go back to the first page to find it. I guess that when i posted my fabric choices it started the pictures being posted here. As my DS would say; My Bad!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post4960222
    Old 03-04-2012, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
    Mine block for March is Done! Now you have to wait until March 5 to see it! Naaa! I'll post it now. I am using a layer cake I bought from Missiouri Star Quilt on their Daily Deal last week.
    It is Patternista by Benartex. Really bold and wild colors!
    Oh! I do love that Patternista! There is a quilt on the back of one of the current quilt mags made out of it. It's gorgeous! Can't wait to see all your blocks.
    My plans got derailed by a remnant I got from fabric.com. I got about a yard of a Lotta Jansdotter print that's white with lavender(ish) and grey. Can't find a matching lavender anywhere, so I'm going to get a dye bath going and make one. Hopefully I can get it cooked up today and at least get a picture of my fabrics.
    Old 03-04-2012, 08:23 AM

Thanks dublb for reposting the link to the BOM Picture Thread.

The blocks I've seen so far are really pretty and creative!! I never realized there are so many different "nine patch" patterns out in the quilt world.

I'm still debating on which of my fabrics I will use I I'm leaning toward using some batiks, though), and which "nine patch" to make. I decided to wait and see what the girls over at QuiltStory make once they post pictures on Monday.
    Old 03-04-2012, 02:47 PM

I made my block last night but I'm not happy with it! I had even added a darker royal blue but it still isn't enough contrast. I did Calico Puzzle & it has 3 fabrics. My med & light are too close together in shading. I'm gonna do it over. I actually think I'll use the back of my lighter fab to make it even lighter. I'm going on a retreat next week, if I don't get it done before then I will definitely do it there.
    Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 PM

I just finished my first block. I'm using my mother-in-law's scraps to make my husband and his siblings and all the grandchildren each a quilt from 'grandma'. This project will be for my hubby. (He can help pick the blocks and fabric.) I did post the picture on the picture thread. But another warning...the print has strips...OH BOY....
    Old 03-13-2012, 07:06 AM

I joined late AND decided to make my blocks using my "new" treadle machine and stash. I decided to stay very simple with my blocks just in case I had trouble with the treadle. My only requirement to myself was to try and stay with shades of browns so I can outline my blocks in a neutral tan and hopefully come out with a sampler quilt in the end. He's my 9 patch. The color didn't come out exactly right. There is a brown shade behind the cherries.
    Attached Thumbnails 9patch.png  
    Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 AM

Pretty block, ArizonaKAT (I'm in AZ right now for Spring Training!!)