Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >
  • A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

• A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 AM

Foxflower, thanks for the recipe for the rhubarb slush. Sounds kind of like an Orange Julius (love those, but not often due to calorie counting)!

AnngelAnne, your recipe sounds about like what the restaurant might use for a recipe for the rhubarb lemonade.

I may just scoot on down to the grocery and see if they have any frozen rhubarb. Can't grow it, but I can buy it. The folks on this train sure love to eat, don't they??
    Old 05-22-2012, 01:20 PM

IBQLTN..I think I can relate to that! All this good food sure makes one hungry! Lasagna, garlic bread & wine....right up my alley! Someone mentioned fried cheesecake. Never tried it fried, but I love cheesecake. I'll have to whip up some pumkin cheesecake..but be careful! It's awfully rich!
    Old 05-22-2012, 02:25 PM

Ok, I think I will join you ladies this time...I love a good mystery

now to go to the stash and look for the right fabric.
    Old 05-22-2012, 06:07 PM

AngleAnne I bet you could add tea bags after straining and make a great tasting lemon rhubarb tea, hot or cold. I'll have to try it if I can find any rhubarb here in Florida.
    Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 PM

The rhubarb lemonade sounds wonderful. I hope my friend brings extra rhubarb when she comes so that I can make the bars and the lemonade.

4 days to go!!! Time is going slowly by. Have a few things to clean off the table yet. Oh - did DD say she was coming home this weekend???? Then I really will have to clean the table off and take down the ironing board.

I best see what I need to clean while the thought is with me. Have a great evening ladies. We are getting a few drops of rain. Hope it keeps up all night - I mowed the lawn and we fertilized also. I have seeds ready to plant tomorrow if it isn't raining. Puttering outside is just like quilting - a stress releaver. Can't wait for the garden to start coming up. This year I'm planting acorn squash and pumpkin besides a huge amount of beets. Darn - now I'm thinking of food again.

Good night.......
    Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 PM

just walked in the door .....DD and I had a road trip and just happened to end up at Quilt-in-a-Day ( no, did not see Elenore Burns) they are having a werehouse sale......fabric is $5 a yard and today there was an extra 25% off and if you bought the remainder of a bolt they took off another .50 cents per yard..... we had fun !!!!!!
    Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by pamesue
    Ok, I think I will join you ladies this time...I love a good mystery

now to go to the stash and look for the right fabric.
    Welcome to the mystery train Pamesue. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask. This train is always on the move and the food and drinks are in abundance. The company is great and we have lots of fun as we wait for each clue to be revealed. Looking forward to seeing your fabrics.

Everose my green beans and cucumbers are peeking out of the ground. The plants I started in the house are doing well? Im thinking of putting in a row of zucchini. I love it in salads and stews.

Sunliten sounds like you had an awesome road trip... but then any trip that involves fabric is awesome in my book.
    Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 AM

a row of zucchini will feed the entire city !!!!!!! love zucchini but even when all the children were still home, two plants produced enough for my family and the neighborhood ! home grown and fresh picked.....sigh.....that was good.
    Old 05-23-2012, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles
    a row of zucchini will feed the entire city !!!!!!! love zucchini but even when all the children were still home, two plants produced enough for my family and the neighborhood ! home grown and fresh picked.....sigh.....that was good.
    I have a large extended family who will shop my garden once its ready... and my rows are only about four feet long. We cut and flash freeze alot of veggies also for stews in the winter.
    Old 05-23-2012, 05:47 AM

So sorry for your loss. Hope Saturday help you keep your mind off of lossing him or her. Love my dog just like a baby. so I feel for you.
    Deb