Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • New Quilting Bee February, 2017 >
  • New Quilting Bee February, 2017

• New Quilting Bee February, 2017

Old 02-26-2017, 05:20 PM

Here's my Feb block. Ready for march's block. A few more days. [ATTACH=CONFIG]569054[/ATTACH]I'm enjoying seeing everyone's blocks so far. I'll post Jan block when I find it again.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 02-26-2017, 05:30 PM

I haven't got my blocks made yet but will get them in a few days. Been busy making lap quilts for my church.
    Old 02-26-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by kristijoy
    You are doing a great job with the 'ugly' box! They look marvelous! And your Barristers blocks are beautiful. It's a challenging one. I agree with not wanted to do a whole quilt with them! LOL! I do think, though, that I might change my mind for a whole quilt if the block was resized to be bigger!

Looking forward to March!
    Now that is a thought, it might be more do able if it were a bigger block. I spent more time spinning those tiny blocks, sewing them, taking the ripper to them because I spun them in the wrong direction and then over again.....a lot. If you could see the fabrics in that ugly box, I would say I am getting lucky so far, but it is fun, and some don't look half as bad once you cut them up. Thanks.
    Old 02-26-2017, 06:04 PM

Bonnie Hunter says if the fabric is still ugly you haven't cut it small enough yet. lol
    Originally Posted by AnngelAnne
    Now that is a thought, it might be more do able if it were a bigger block. I spent more time spinning those tiny blocks, sewing them, taking the ripper to them because I spun them in the wrong direction and then over again.....a lot. If you could see the fabrics in that ugly box, I would say I am getting lucky so far, but it is fun, and some don't look half as bad once you cut them up. Thanks.
    Old 02-26-2017, 06:45 PM

I love the batiks, Happylab, turned out really pretty. The Barrister's block has directions to make a 12" block, too. All the blocks have turned out so pretty, and just think you've stretched & conquered different blocks. Great job everyone. March's will soon be announced. Jean
    Old 02-26-2017, 07:33 PM

Happylab, I agree--the brights and batiks look great in your block. Good job.
    Old 02-27-2017, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra
    Bonnie Hunter says if the fabric is still ugly you haven't cut it small enough yet. lol
    I love that saying Kassaundra, thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind. Loving the looks of everyones, looking forward to March now I have February done. Just think we have more days to get it done this time coming up, lol.
    Old 02-27-2017, 08:08 AM

Love-love-love every ones blocks !! March blocks right around the corner !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 02-27-2017, 01:35 PM

Okay I've spent the last half of this day fixing a block that I miscut...thinking it was February's block...only to discover it's the 2nd of January...So I'll try to get out February's cut before I have to start supper...and hopefully get it made tomorrow!

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Old 02-28-2017, 01:38 AM

Barb, your blocks are wonderful!! Yes, this acknowledgement to 'squaring up' is quite true... 'Squaring up' blocks is 'sew' important in the process of block making!!
    Fabulous blocks, they will make a gorgeous quilt! I love your fabrics/colours! Lovely!
    xxx J xxx

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana
    Here are all my blocks for Jan & Feb. I have verified again that I have to square up all those little HST's no matter how close I think they are! This would have saved me ripping every seam when I sewed them together. Oh well, Jack and I are becoming closer every time I sew.