Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sewsewquilter 01-24-2010 07:25 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRR............. Since last night everytime I try to open my software my laptop locks up. Laptop is going to have to go to work. See if the IT guys can figure it out. I have week 3 blocks printed. So I can get them finished. grrrrrrrrr.......... I haven't tryed to open any of the other software on the laptop. No problems on the internet. Go figure.

Esqmommy 01-24-2010 07:32 PM

You may need to uninstall and reload the software...

Esqmommy 01-25-2010 06:05 AM

Attention all CyberSewers...We have started a virtual section for the Jane Stickle info...that way you can have sort of 'one stop shopping' for the categories!! Just go to the bottom of the home page for "user defined" sections. A new page opens and at the bottom you will see "Jane Stickle....". I will be managing the section, so you need to send me a pm if you want a thread placed into the virtual section!

sewsewquilter 01-25-2010 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Attention all CyberSewers...We have started a virtual section for the Jane Stickle info...that way you can have sort of 'one stop shopping' for the categories!! Just go to the bottom of the home page for "user defined" sections. A new page opens and at the bottom you will see "Jane Stickle....". I will be managing the section, so you need to send me a pm if you want a thread placed into the virtual section!

That is so cool. Thanks Esqmommy and Admin. And Patrice too!

sandpat 01-25-2010 06:49 AM

Thanks for setting it up that way Rach..I was wondering when that was gonna happen...it seems like this project was just calling out to be handled this way! It will make it sooo much easier to find the weekly threads!

sewsewquilter 01-25-2010 06:52 AM

Has anyone heard of this. I was reading on another forum that you should pre-shrink the freezer paper before using it. They said to spray it with water and iron it before using.

bearpaw 01-25-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

This is awesome!!! Thank you!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

sandpat 01-25-2010 07:01 AM

sewsew...I've never heard of that! I use freezer paper quite frequently and I've never done it. Are you using it for the applique blocks?

Quilter7x 01-25-2010 07:03 AM

Not sure how that would work. I'm not sure how you can do that since when you iron it, it sticks to whatever you iron it onto.

Esqmommy 01-25-2010 07:13 AM

I believe Sharon Schamber discusses that in one of her free videos...I can't exactly recall, but she shows how it gets smaller when you spray it with starch. Frankly, I don't see what difference it makes, unless you plan to spray starch while the freezer paper is on...then perhaps. Does anyone want to be a guinea pig and set up an experiment? it would be a fun one, and you could post photos to show the difference...might me a good lesson for everyone!