Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

wilhelmina 05-01-2010 06:16 AM

I iron as I go too, iron-sew, iron-sew, iron-sew...then rip off the little pieces of paper carefully. I try to remove some of the paper at seam intersections, as I go...riping off that paper takes a while, I don't want to distort the seam or damage the thread.

Lacelady 05-01-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
But Lesley...you will have that beautiful IRR quilt coming home to you also! Your bedroom must be blue and white...I bet its really pretty with that quilt on your bed.

Yes, you've guessed it, I do have a sort of wedgewood colour blue on the walls, white paintwork trim, and deep royal blue curtains. Jane won't exactly 'go' with that, but it won't look too out of place either, I hope.

sandpat 05-01-2010 05:01 PM

Oh Lesley...I think it will look terribly out of place...so sorry, you'll have to send your Jane to me!!!

ProLongarmARTQUILTER 05-01-2010 06:18 PM

Well I too have been Machine Applique on a lot ,I figure if one can hand app I can machine app and I don't think Jane will care a bit. I think Jane was a bit Looney and or Drunk on white lighting and she had no fabric only scrips and bits left in the attic that the Yankees or Our dear boys in gray didn't want one way or the other. Jane I believe would figure another way to do it in2010 as well I believe!!! :wink:

Esqmommy 05-02-2010 06:31 AM

Oh Lesley...I think it will look terribly out of place...so sorry, you'll have to send your Jane to me!!!

No, it won't go in your place either Patty. I think I have the perfect house for it...you know, so California with all those batiks...

wilhelmina 05-02-2010 07:04 AM

I bought the Dear Hannah CD by Brenda Papadakis for just under $20, shipping included. I received it yesterday, since I have the Dear Jane software this new group of patterns are now in the block library...Thought some you might be interested, they have 5 available on eBay as now. The seller is dawg33...

Lacelady 05-02-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

No, it won't go in your place either Patty. I think I have the perfect house for it...you know, so California with all those batiks...

Oy, you two, hands off! It's mine, all mine! I'm back in production now, I made two blocks this afternoon, filled in my spreadsheet, and I have now sewn together 4000 pieces. I think that Jane must have got her sums wrong, I can't see how she could have put 5602 in hers.

Lacelady 05-02-2010 10:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I thought I would celebrate getting back to making blocks again after an enforced break (needed to get a couple of things done for other people). So this is what I did:

I sewed a row together! (all the 1's)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35477[/ATTACH]

A section of the row, showing my 3/4in sashing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35478[/ATTACH]

Batting neatened and joined, sashing quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35479[/ATTACH]

Shemjo 05-02-2010 11:28 AM

Leslie, that is sew inspiring! WooHoo!

Lacelady 05-02-2010 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Leslie, that is sew inspiring! WooHoo!

Thank you. I just noticed that I cut off A1 - it is there, I promise.