Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Esqmommy 05-03-2010 05:19 AM

It was 82 here yesterday...hung out at the pool with the kids...:) sorry Lesley, it's just a California thing I suppose.

sandpat 05-03-2010 05:43 AM

OK..I had to visit your PDA Lesley...looks like I need to find some time to do some reading.

Rach, I love your quilt...so thats a gift??? For MOI??? Oh, how thoughtful of you!!! When can I expect it???? :lol:

Lacelady 05-03-2010 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
OK..I had to visit your PDA Lesley...looks like I need to find some time to do some reading.

Rach, I love your quilt...so thats a gift??? For MOI??? Oh, how thoughtful of you!!! When can I expect it???? :lol:

Just one minute, Patti, I am holding it to ransom in case Esq., snaffles my Jane when I am not looking.

sarahelloyd 05-03-2010 02:05 PM

I can't believe how cold it is here today, I have done 2 block s but had to stop cos my fingers are stiff with chill. Went to local Walmart (Asda) today and bought a new iron for my quilting only to find that the soleplate only smooths in front to back motion not side to side - so weird I'm taking it back.

Lacelady 05-03-2010 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
I can't believe how cold it is here today, I have done 2 block s but had to stop cos my fingers are stiff with chill. Went to local Walmart (Asda) today and bought a new iron for my quilting only to find that the soleplate only smooths in front to back motion not side to side - so weird I'm taking it back.

ditto with the weather here today Sara - I went outside at lunchtime today and it was 12C (42F). That's the same temp. as we were getting in February, and we haven't had those 20/22Cs that you got a week or so ago. Sorry about the iron, sounds really odd. I use a travel iron next to my machine - did you consider one of those? Hope you warm up over there, and if you do, can you send some of it here please?

Butterflyspain 05-03-2010 02:57 PM

Okay, we have lots of sunshine here so I am sending some your way. It reached 28C today, but with a breeze. Really nice.

Sorry about your miserable weather, but it should warm up soon coz I am blowing it your way.

Elle

sarahelloyd 05-03-2010 03:31 PM

Butterfly. Pleeeeze, last week was fabulous and this week it cold! can't wait.

sandpat 05-03-2010 03:43 PM

Sarah...what a weird iron! I hadn't thought about the travel iron idea Lesley. I have my Mom's old travel iron stuffed in a drawer...thats a good idea!

Last week was really cool here...weird...now this week it is in the 80's (F)...so very hot..very quickly. But the tornados are gone now...so as long as thats the case...I'm good. Hope it gets nicer for you soon....Elle....blow hard!!!

Lacelady 05-03-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Okay, we have lots of sunshine here so I am sending some your way. It reached 28C today, but with a breeze. Really nice.

Sorry about your miserable weather, but it should warm up soon coz I am blowing it your way.

Elle

Thanks Elle, I am off to bed to get warm - can't wait for your weather to arrive, but perhaps it will be here by the morning.

sarahelloyd 05-03-2010 03:57 PM

Well, I will thank God that although it is chilly here, we don't get tornados or any other extreme issues!! Glad the weather has improved for you Sandpat.