Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Butterflyspain 07-10-2010 09:26 AM

Just realised you are from Alton Towers are you near that big theme park?

Elle

DOTTYMO 07-10-2010 10:12 AM

About 5 minutes away. from my bedroom window I can watch most of the fireworks and laser displays without getting cold or wet. About twenty years ago I had a caravan in the towers where the Theme hotel is now. I lived there all summer and went to work from there. It was fantastic. Now adays there are less cars going but more helicopters. Last time I went was about 6 years ago. I feel it has been spoilt. There is in the Theme park area the old building which was in |Living tv 'Most Haunted' this programme also took you down to the chained oak which is just outside the Theme Park .

Butterflyspain 07-10-2010 10:13 AM

Wonderful memories heh. You can keep your fireworks though, I am geeing myself up for the football match if Spain win, they will go potty.

Elle

Lacelady 07-10-2010 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
About 5 minutes away. from my bedroom window I can watch most of the fireworks and laser displays without getting cold or wet. About twenty years ago I had a caravan in the towers where the Theme hotel is now. I lived there all summer and went to work from there. It was fantastic. Now adays there are less cars going but more helicopters. Last time I went was about 6 years ago. I feel it has been spoilt. There is in the Theme park area the old building which was in |Living tv 'Most Haunted' this programme also took you down to the chained oak which is just outside the Theme Park .

Nice to have you with us Dotty - don't envy you lots of helicopters though.

sandpat 07-10-2010 06:38 PM

So great that you are joining us Dotty! You'll be up with us in no time and if not...thats fine too. Its just nice to have a group all working on the same thing...we can all whine together about the hard blocks. :lol:

wilhelmina 07-11-2010 08:13 AM

Welcome Dotty!

wilhelmina 07-11-2010 08:14 AM

If you are working on your Jane quilt, on your own schedule, lurking in the shadows...:lol: :lol: :lol: please post some pics and let us know how you are doing...we love to see different fabrics and hear easy/fast methods on how to construct these little gems.

luvmortherest 07-11-2010 07:26 PM

i am still plugging away on week 13

wilhelmina 07-11-2010 09:11 PM

Luv, but you are doing sets...so its like you would be on Week 26 if you were doing only one set! :lol:

DOTTYMO 07-11-2010 11:26 PM

I've done all the 'A' row. Will be going slower now the television is back to normal ie no football. My friend says i should not be paper piecing the blocks is this correct?