Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Butterflyspain 07-15-2010 07:20 AM

Thanks Rachel for the tip,I have never seen it doe like this, You learn something new all the time here.

However, I donīt think I have the patience for this, there is too much fiddling about for me,

Glad you can have the benefit though, it means you have no papers on the back like me to be going on with, I am getting bored with the tiny pieces on the back of mine, but it has to be done.

sandpat 07-15-2010 10:43 AM

Rachael, that is probably one of the best tutes for that method that I've seen. Thanks for sharing it. I might give it another try some time. It would be nice not to have to pull paper...but my paper is pretty easy to pull...its not hard, just time consuming. And....no...I still haven't gotten any done. :roll:

Lacelady 07-15-2010 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Rachael, that is probably one of the best tutes for that method that I've seen. Thanks for sharing it. I might give it another try some time. It would be nice not to have to pull paper...but my paper is pretty easy to pull...its not hard, just time consuming. And....no...I still haven't gotten any done. :roll:

LOL, Patti, seems to me that you are going to have an extra layer of batting in your quilt - that paper!

sandpat 07-15-2010 05:05 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know...the way I am going, it sure sounds like it doesn't it?? :lol: :lol:

ilovejunkandstuff 07-16-2010 05:42 AM

I am almost ready to start Dear Jane. I did not think about a background fabric. I want red white and blue scrappy. I guess the white needs to be background. And I also see now that most of the original blocks are one color plus background. So would that mean that I would have a red and white block and a blue and white block? I just am not getting it. Oh man this is going to be fun for sure. Just the basic stuff seems hard here.

jolo 07-16-2010 06:03 AM

Hey Junk,yes red and white and blue and white, and some of them you could do 3 colors in them. Or you could do your blocks with the red white and blues and get some of the neutral with the tiny stars in it for the sashings. More help anyone?

Lacelady 07-16-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by jolo
Hey Junk,yes red and white and blue and white, and some of them you could do 3 colors in them. Or you could do your blocks with the red white and blues and get some of the neutral with the tiny stars in it for the sashings. More help anyone?

Jolo is right, quite a few people have managed to get three colours on each block (or some of them), for inspiration, try looking at the separate weeks where people post their pics.

jolo 07-16-2010 12:43 PM

I have just finished week 30 except for the tri. dont know if I will get it finsihed today as I worked all morning on my last old barn quilt in the frame ,hand quilting that is. Hope my son feels like picture taking by the time I get it done so I can show it to you guys. lol

Lacelady 07-16-2010 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by jolo
I have just finished week 30 except for the tri. dont know if I will get it finsihed today as I worked all morning on my last old barn quilt in the frame ,hand quilting that is. Hope my son feels like picture taking by the time I get it done so I can show it to you guys. lol

Two questions Jola - do you want me to post a thread for week 30? Also, why don't you get DS to show you how to take pics and post them?

sandpat 07-16-2010 05:57 PM

Wow...week 30 already???? Jolo...you "over achiever" you!! :lol: :lol:

Red/white/blue scrappy sounds lovely! Thats a great idea about the little stars for the sashing! Cool!