Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Butterflyspain 08-16-2010 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by akgranny
i'm reading all the posts here and in the F J S Q, c. 1863 and i'm reading and working the lessons in the the book and cd. shooo-eee! i'm cross-eyed with all this, having also made a few virtual quilts for practice. i've found the schedule, but may start working along here ..... just as soon as i get lots of background fabric.

I have not heard of making a virtual quilt. Do you mean like this group a Cyber sew?. We would love for more new people to join in,we are having a blast.

Elle

Lacelady 08-17-2010 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by akgranny
i'm reading all the posts here and in the F J S Q, c. 1863 and i'm reading and working the lessons in the the book and cd. shooo-eee! i'm cross-eyed with all this, having also made a few virtual quilts for practice. i've found the schedule, but may start working along here ..... just as soon as i get lots of background fabric.

Get plenty of background Granny, I used almost all of a 15 yard bolt by the time I finished. At least I picked a cheap one, I used Kona cotton natural, from Hancocks of Paducah and it was really nice to work with. So much so, I have just bought a second bolt for another project.

ilovejunkandstuff 08-17-2010 03:56 AM

I would also like to see weeks ahead. They do look scary to me. I have this set of 6 weeks done and will post 1 picture with all together. I have very slow dial up and do well to post one picture.

Butterflyspain 08-17-2010 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by ilovejunkandstuff
I would also like to see weeks ahead. They do look scary to me. I have this set of 6 weeks done and will post 1 picture with all together. I have very slow dial up and do well to post one picture.

To see the weeks we have done, go to Search at the top of the page and click. Then you will have to put in the thread which is either Dear Jane Week 1, or we changed the name to Jane Stickle Week 1 and then just keep changing the week number we are up to week 32 at the moment it will give you an idea of what the blocks look like in different colourways as well. Good luck. If you have problems Yell.

Elle

sandpat 08-17-2010 05:11 PM

Oh lord ya'll......I started on week 37 today.randomly picked M9 from the group for that week....that Jane must have been INSANE!!!! There are 2 layers of Y seams!! :shock:...Ok...I finished it..took all afternoon...

akgranny 08-17-2010 07:57 PM

butterflyspain: 'I have not heard of making a virtual quilt. Do you mean like this group a Cyber sew?.'

i just meant making a practice layout for the quilttop and am not familiar with the proper term; should i say digilayout? i don't know what a cyber sew wold be! lol!

akgranny 08-17-2010 08:04 PM

thanx, lace lady, for tha advice! that's what ive been reading: lots of background! will look up hancocks.com - i've been to hancock's big store out on merrit island in central florida and had a big time! will look at my little lyc first, though.

sandpat 08-18-2010 05:57 AM

Oh I see, you made a design on your DJ software, so made a quilt on your computer. I guess that would be a "virtual" quilt wouldn't it?? :lol: :lol:!

Butterflyspain 08-18-2010 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh I see, you made a design on your DJ software, so made a quilt on your computer. I guess that would be a "virtual" quilt wouldn't it?? :lol: :lol:!

Duh I never thought of that. Well this is a cyber sew because we all talk on the web.

Elle

sandpat 08-19-2010 05:56 AM

I didn't think of it either Elle..so don't feel bad.

Well I did get to work on some yesterday. I think when Klue originally made the schedule, she thought that we needed to be hit over the head with some hard ones right when we get off of the "easy summer" schedule. But...I'm back in the groove now, so if I can just keep going with out all these life interruptions....:roll: