Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sandpat 09-13-2010 05:24 PM

Good for you jolo!

My library struggles to get books too. This book has the 1st 3 all in 1 book...so I'll have those read. Then....hmmm...I'm not sure although I have asked her to order them. She usually tries to order what you ask when they have the funds.

QuiltswithConvicts 09-13-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Elle
I was just about to google it when up your link came. Its a very pretty quilt and I like the soft colours of this one.

I like the way yoou say ONLY 140 blocks. Yes.....lovely LOL

Elle

Well, after the 169 blocks, 52 triangles & 4 corners - that's a total of 225 "things" we're doing for our Baby Janes, soooo.... 140 doesn't seem to be so many, now does it? :)

This is just the bestest group here on the Board. I wonder if it's because quite a few of us can see the end? Oh. no - what will we do then? I know someone will come up with something!

sandpat 09-14-2010 05:11 AM

You bet Kathy...we'll think of something! Although, I doubt that I will be tackling the "Brown Bird" quilt that Lesley is doing. It is waaay over my skill level for now. We'll have to think of something else...

Butterflyspain 09-14-2010 08:26 AM

i am looking and have three that I kind of fancy doing next, but trying hard not to get involved in them. No it wonīt be the brown bird either, would take me a month of sundays to do that and then some.

There is still some way to go even after we have finished it as I intend to quilt it and there is a lot of sewing together.

Is everyone going to use the Corner Stones I think they are pretty and I am going to ? Who else ????

Lacelady 09-14-2010 08:41 AM

It's funny, I had several weeks without sewing once I finished mine - I think I had worked so hard over the last few weeks that I needed a rest. I am working myself back into the swing of it now, and I have to say that its nice sitting in a much more tidy room instead of having to squeeze in there sideways.

It's still not quite sorted to my satisfaction, but I can't do any more until DB gets over his cold and is able to help me move things that I can't do on my own.

Butterflyspain 09-14-2010 10:04 AM

I think that when we eventually get to that stage too we will all want a nice rest. Its nice to think of future projects though.

Elle

sandpat 09-14-2010 12:35 PM

Rest??? Are there actually women out there who get to do that???:shock:

Butterflyspain 09-14-2010 12:41 PM

I meant rest from sewing, us gals never get to rest, even when your retired hun, there are all the jobs like pruning the lemon tree and doing the hedge, but I donīt envy you with a farm to run no way could I do that, start with I am frightened of cows and horses LOL

Shemjo 09-14-2010 02:56 PM

Elle, I plan to use cornerstones! Haven't totally decided on colors for sashing and cornerstones yet. Need to get more blocks done and audition some colors.

sandpat 09-14-2010 04:09 PM

At first I had thought that no...I wouldn't use the cornerstones, but the more I think and with the way Meredith's looks...I might change my mind. I'll have to audition some different colors with the chocolate to see.

Right now...I have a break from Jane due to finishing up an IRR top. It hopefully won't take long, I'm anxious to get back to Jane!