Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 10-07-2010 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Well will have to subscribe to that mag as well so that I can show off and tell my friends "Thats one of my friends on the Quilting board" smug ass that I am LOL

Isn't the Internet wonderful? Makes this old ball of dirt seem so small. We can chat with friends like they're sitting right here in the room with us, not half-way around the globe.

Got backing fabric last night. Already have the border stuff and batting. Now to just stitch those remaining 2 corners. The one with the 2 stars is where I'm bogged down, however, even that block is about half done.

Butterflyspain 10-07-2010 03:47 AM

It is wonderful isnīt it. The world suddenly is not so huge.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your magazine.

Elle

sandpat 10-07-2010 05:44 AM

I think I'll have to get a copy of that Quilters Home Mag too! I'm not sure I've heard of that one, but then again...I'm still a fairly "new" quilter and sure don't know much. I'll be sure to check it out.

I still can't believe that you've hand pieced these things Kathy...now thats amazing!!

QuiltswithConvicts 10-07-2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I think I'll have to get a copy of that Quilters Home Mag too! I'm not sure I've heard of that one, but then again...I'm still a fairly "new" quilter and sure don't know much. I'll be sure to check it out.

I still can't believe that you've hand pieced these things Kathy...now thats amazing!!

Quilter's Home magazine is a magazine for quilters. It usually only has 3 quilts in it for which there are patterns on the Internet. However, it has wonderful articles about quilters and quilty thinks. They do "research" into stuff like fusibles, batting, threads, etc. They interview quilters. They show casw really nifty stuff like this guy who does custom paint jobs on FEtherweights! The current issue has one of his machined in luscious red - I want one like that!!! :)
There is also a claw-foot bathtub turned int a sofa - really cool! I got hooked with the premier issue back on 2006!

Love to you guys.

sandpat 10-07-2010 05:03 PM

thanks Kathy...I'm off to search the web for their site so I can check out the mag...

Shemjo 10-10-2010 10:55 AM

I am gone for a hwile, and all kinds of good stuff happens!

sandpat 10-10-2010 04:15 PM

Thats right Shem....you better stick around LOL!!

QuiltswithConvicts 10-10-2010 05:06 PM

Welcome back, Shem. Yes, we have been busy little - er - um - beavers. Not sure about the little when it comes to me though.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-10-2010 05:07 PM

Where has Lesley been?

Butterflyspain 10-10-2010 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Where has Lesley been?

Lesley has been around but not as much as usual. You okay Lesley?

Elle