Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Anael 04-26-2011 08:56 AM

LOL M5 is not melons, just squares and rectangles.

sewNso 04-26-2011 03:50 PM

yeap.---like i said, cazy like jane.....

sandpat 04-26-2011 03:56 PM

Well, I'm going with the "she was insane" ...LOL...every time I whined about a hard block my DH would say "but when Jane did her's, she didn't have a computer printout and a fancy sewing machine, heck...she didn't EVEN have a pattern!" He is a lucky man to still be alive today!! LOL!!

Butterflyspain 04-26-2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well, I'm going with the "she was insane" ...LOL...every time I whined about a hard block my DH would say "but when Jane did her's, she didn't have a computer printout and a fancy sewing machine, heck...she didn't EVEN have a pattern!" He is a lucky man to still be alive today!! LOL!!

LOL :-D :-D

sewNso 04-28-2011 04:19 PM

i luv, luv, luv DJ. and it's easier since i found 'that quilt'. anyway, for l block. doing wk 29, and filling in the top rows a little as i go. and doing this or that tri, extra as i go along. been sick. getting better.

sandpat 04-28-2011 04:50 PM

Wondered about you.....hope you are feeling better

Janstar 04-28-2011 08:12 PM

Hi guys! I cut 12 1" strips 68"s long and started to assemble the rows of blocks today. It's working very well so far. It seems we all have different ways to do it. Going along slowly, but going!

Way to go sewnso! 29 weeks is awesome!

Thanks Lace! I won't have as many pieces to count. I will probably do my scallops in long strips too. Thanks everyone for your helpful input.

sewNso 04-28-2011 11:15 PM

HI ladies. the 3 that seem to watch me. thank you sooo much. jan, glad you are moving along. it will be beautiful. yes, i think we would/will be happier, if we just take our 'careful' time as we move along. sooooooo glad 'that quilt' worked and that fine block i needed help with. when i move on to the next week, i usually already have one done of that week. trying to not skip any tri's as i move along. i think i will post week 29 before i hang the blocks up, in order. got a couple fixed..M1, etc.

Butterflyspain 04-29-2011 12:54 AM

You are all doing great and I applaud your efforts.

Janstar you are doing great, there is a flicker of light at the end of that tunnel.

Elle

sandpat 04-29-2011 05:28 AM

Jan, I did the scallops in a long strip too...seemed easier to me. I actually did the skinny borders as long ones too. I know fewer pieces to deal with which was great. Keep pluggin' girl!

Sew...just keep going. I really like how you are hanging them and plugging those holes. That will really show your progress.