Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

ann clare 10-17-2011 01:19 PM

My dream is to do a Jane Stickle Quilt some day. I got the book and CD when I purchased Affairs of the Heart book. Until Affairs of the Heart Quilt is completed I am starting nothing new. I pop into this post every so often. Will keep looking.

mim 10-17-2011 03:57 PM

I think that would be a great idea if you could list the pages. It would be much more helpful for us to see what others have done. -- It would probably be a huge job, I know. I have tried to look back to find pix, but it is a hit or miss -- needle in the haystack search.

Mim

Originally Posted by ...I'll be happy to assist![/quote

I wonder if it would make sense to start another [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY TWO thread - just so the 400+pages doesn't make it so daunting to join up. Or perhaps I can take some time to list the thread pages that address each block and list that on an adjoining topic site??? Then we can put an opening 'welcome to everyone interested in starting/continuing a DJ ...we will be continuing the thread started by the first cyber party Jan 2010 on page 4xx or 5xx' and list the pages they can refer to for help with certain blocks?? what do ladies all you think??
Gus

sandpat 10-17-2011 04:40 PM

In the virtual section, there are individual threads for the blocks and they are well worth looking at prior to starting those blocks. Of course, the blocks are listed by the week and the weeks correspond to the original schedule.

I'll go look for your pms Cre..but I would really recommend that 1st you start a thread telling people that there will be another group starting in .......

Then when the time comes, I would start an entire NEW cyber sew thread. This one has gotten so long, that it is too intimidating for new people to get started. Noting important pages, like Lesley's QAYG method would be a great idea
though.

Editted: I don't have any messages from you Cre...

mim 10-17-2011 05:48 PM

What is the virtual section?? how do I find it??

Thanks - Mim
[quote=sandpat]In the virtual section, there are individual threads for the blocks and they are well worth looking at prior to starting those blocks. Of course, the blocks are listed by the week and the weeks correspond to the original schedule. quote]

QuiltswithConvicts 10-17-2011 06:50 PM

[quote=mim]What is the virtual section?? how do I find it??

Thanks - Mim

Originally Posted by sandpat
In the virtual section, there are individual threads for the blocks and they are well worth looking at prior to starting those blocks. Of course, the blocks are listed by the week and the weeks correspond to the original schedule. quote]

It is now called "Topic Lists" and there is a link to it at the bottom right of every page on this Board. Click on "Topic Lists" and scroll down to find what you are looking for. It's towards the bottom and called "The Famous Jane Stickle Quilt, circa 1863". Click on that al all threads related to the Dear Jane Cyber Sew are listed there.

Cre8tvlwyr 10-17-2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
In the virtual section, there are individual threads for the blocks and they are well worth looking at prior to starting those blocks. Of course, the blocks are listed by the week and the weeks correspond to the original schedule.

I'll go look for your pms Cre..but I would really recommend that 1st you start a thread telling people that there will be another group starting in .......

Then when the time comes, I would start an entire NEW cyber sew thread. This one has gotten so long, that it is too intimidating for new people to get started. Noting important pages, like Lesley's QAYG method would be a great idea
though.

Editted: I don't have any messages from you Cre...

MEA CULPA! :oops:
I sent PMs to Luvmoretherest [?? sorry I am clueless as to board name here :oops:

But I agree with all that you are saying Patti. I will not begin until January, let people know they can refer to the topic list entitled 'the famous DJ circa...' for the threads for this block party, but as I also said this many pages is way too daunting for any newbie. I'm always tempted to read every word! With AOTH it took me over a week to catch up when I finally was determined to join the fun.

I will PM you now :)
Monica/Gus

luvmortherest 10-17-2011 09:27 PM

it might be helpful to start the "new" thread that lets everyone know that this will be starting back up again some time late November or early December so as to give those that want to a chance to get the book and/or software in time for the sew along.

makes a great idea for a Christmas present

[got your pm's]

sandpat 10-18-2011 05:24 AM

Yup, I agree with you luv....I think we started "gathering" for the 1st go round in November....of course, I kept buying fabs for mine all the way through..kept it exciting...LOL!

luvmortherest 10-18-2011 07:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
yup and we did the Christmas block swap to get our feet wet.

here is a picture of my completed top (haven't quilted it yet)

luvmortherest 10-18-2011 07:29 AM

ok so not such a good pic will try to get a better one