Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 January 2010 Block of the Month, for January!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2010-block-month-january-t32824.html)

Bailey's mom 01-15-2010 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybugnana
Ouch, that wasn't as easy as I thought it was. But I do have it done and here it is. Wow!!!

Your block is so happy!!!!Send us some of that sunshine here in Illinois! I too am struggling with it but I think that I have figured it out!

blahel 01-16-2010 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by blahel
thanks for such a lovely block! i have never attempted a BOM before but have watched everyone being so creative that i finally decided that i am going to give it a go.
Update..it is now several hours later and after initially getting everything cut out and taking my time to minimise mistakes, i am now busy ripping..i am going to do this and I am not going to let it beat me but think i will go and do a few chores before attempting it again. Wish me luck as i really, really want to do this as i am alreay looking forward to Februarys block!
I just feel so dumb as you ladies crank them out so fast..

just an update..yeeehaaah!!!!!!! i have done it! I soooo thank the person who put up the website with the templates as without that i wouldnt have gotten there..i would still be doing it! i had the most trouble with the rectangle but the templates made that easier. i will post a picture in the pictures of January block of the month .Thanks again for the sunflower as it made me try something I wouldnt have tried on my own.

cka 01-16-2010 08:11 PM

I've missed something. Where is the template located? I haven't started the piece yet, but maybe I should read a little more info.

mrspete 01-16-2010 11:50 PM

I have adobe reader and thanks I got the instructions. Now, any colors or other instructions needed? Remember, I am nearly a novice, but I'll learn better by jumping in.
Do I mail it to you or how is this done?

SulaBug 01-16-2010 11:58 PM

YEAH Ruth!! :thumbup: I am so glad that you have got the instructions. Now have fun picking out your favorite colors for your Sunflower block!!
:D :D :D :D

mrspete 01-17-2010 12:04 AM

Cheryl, I could just hug you for your encouragement and help. See ya soon with my block. ( A happy quilter is a happy quilter. ) ha ha ha ha

SulaBug 01-17-2010 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Cheryl, I could just hug you for your encouragement and help. See ya soon with my block. ( A happy quilter is a happy quilter. ) ha ha ha ha

I accept your {{{{HUG}}}} & send one right back to you!!
:D :D :D

blahel 01-17-2010 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by cka
I've missed something. Where is the template located? I haven't started the piece yet, but maybe I should read a little more info.

on the first page of this thread (the first post) there are 2 links in blue, click on i think the top one and it should bring up the templates.

JanieW 01-18-2010 03:56 PM

I joined the forum today after finding it last night while looking for a way to use up my scraps.

The sunflower block is gorgeous and I have been so impressed with the pictures of the ones you ladies have created already. Just beautiful. I had to join!

I did notice what I think is a mistake in the directions. They tell you to make an HST with the secondary star points and the background, when I think you need to make two triangles sewn together to make one triangle instead of an HST.

Is it just me?

mrspete 01-18-2010 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I thought I sent the picture of my block today, but I can't find it. so I'm trying again.

Jan Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12203[/ATTACH]