Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-January-2014 Block/Projects of the month PHOTO'S. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2014-block-projects-month-photos-t237850.html)

SulaBug 01-05-2014 01:20 AM

Deedum ....... In picture #3 of your fabric baskets, did you only put a button on one flap & leave the rest standing up? If that is what I am seeing, I really like your idea. It seems like the basket would hold more things in an up right position. Great job on all three!!
:D :D :D :D

deedum 01-05-2014 05:44 AM

Yes SulaBug, that is what I did. I tried it both ways, but I thought with one flap down it was cute. Thank you for the motivation on this. Can't wait to see what the project for next month is. I am going to make a few more baskets today. I may take the idea and make an tablet cover.

Jenniky 01-05-2014 06:32 AM

So many wonderful baskets.... I especially like the tall skinny one with compartments... Yup Im up for making another one or two or three.. :D:D

lawsonmugs 01-05-2014 09:25 AM

My fabric box

1 Attachment(s)
This is the box I made in oct. last year. I didn't quilt it. I made it using sewing themed fabrics. I was going to use it in my sewing room but decided to put it on my nightstand where I keep my charger cords for the cell phone, ipod and kindle. They will all fit in there nicely.getting more snow now.:thumbup::(

lawsonmugs 01-05-2014 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a picture of my poor puppy out in the snow. Doesn't she look sad. she just finished playing with her basketball. She sure can look pitiful. She loves the snow,till she sees one of us in the window then gives us this look.lol:rolleyes: She's 130 lbs of baby and still growing

littlesurfer 01-05-2014 09:47 AM

I love your fabric box with its different compartments. I hope to try making one soon.

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 6489475)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454504[/ATTACH]

With the 2.5 triangles I was able to make compartments ... It turned out cute ... Thanks for the inspiration to make something new !!

littlesurfer 01-05-2014 09:52 AM

SulaBug, your fabric boxes are beautiful! I'm going to try to join everyone in making these. I love the idea of small projects each month.

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 6485103)
Hello again & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Here is a photo of the boxes that I made for this January 2014 Project of the Month. I hope you like these cute fabric boxes & will enjoy making some yourself. They are fairly easy to make & so fun to fill with different things & give to your friends as gifts. I have already given some of the ones I made away for Christmas gifts for 2013 & I have to say that everyone loved them. I am planning on making a project for each month to fill my Secret Santa Swap package for this coming year. I can hardly wait.

Enjoy
:D :D :D

SulaBug 01-05-2014 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6494331)
This is a picture of my poor puppy out in the snow. Doesn't she look sad. she just finished playing with her basketball. She sure can look pitiful. She loves the snow,till she sees one of us in the window then gives us this look.lol:rolleyes: She's 130 lbs of baby and still growing

I am so glad that you have shared your fabric basket with all of us & especially your 130 lb. BABY!! :D She is beautiful & I have to confess that I see that same version of a little face, when our Rosie wants in from the out doors. Aren't our babies just wonderful & so full of LOVE for us? What would we do without them? Your basket idea is one I hadn't thought of, but I am sure we can make them for most anything. Nice Work!!

SulaBug 01-05-2014 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by littlesurfer (Post 6494366)
SulaBug, your fabric boxes are beautiful! I'm going to try to join everyone in making these. I love the idea of small projects each month.

Welcome to the Quilting Boards Project of the Month for 2014. We will all be anxiously waiting to see photo's of your finshed fabric boxes. Enjoy!!

greencat 01-05-2014 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SulaBug - Thanks for hosting this new project of the month! I didn't have a chance to make this basket last fall when they were popular. Thought I would do something constructive before I go out and shovel snow again!
Buttons will have to wait until later in the week. Poor picture too....
I'll be making more baskets and look forward to seeing what the other month projects are.