Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 June 2012 BOM pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-june-2012-bom-pictures-t190521.html)

Floralfab 06-17-2012 01:45 PM

All of the blocks are wonderful. Each one different from the other. I printed out a pattern for PPing just have to get going and get it done.

MooseRunFarm 06-18-2012 08:22 AM

I like this one.

lovelyl 06-18-2012 09:25 AM

Everyone's birdhouses are so beautiful! I have my colors picked out, but no time to sew the past few days. Hopefully this evening or tomorrow...

SulaBug 06-20-2012 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 5284537)
Let's try again....

Hi Everyone, I am finally home & hopefully getting caught up on the Quilting Board!! :D I had a great time with my daughter, but was anxious to get home & back to the Quilting Board. Boy, did I sure miss a lot too!! :D

Judy..........Your Home Tweet Home birdhouse for June 2012 Calendar BOM couldn't have turned out any nicer. I love how you used a nine patch block for the back ground. What a great idea. Your green birdhouse is really striking on your background. What a good job & beautiful block. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 06-20-2012 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5284620)
Judy Nice Block :) Aren't Birdhouses fun :) I like the browns you used. Brown fabrics have always been my favorite. :)

So I finished working on my block today. Seeing we are at the half way point I decided I would also post a picture of all my six blocks together. Wow only six more blocks togo.. As always once I post my block I dont want to hurry life along, but Im always looking forward to the beginning of the next month to see what new block is posted and what challenges it can bring. :) I started to do a PP birdhouse then I decided I would stick with the Applique method. I used English Paper Piecing for the birdhouse and the stems, vines and flowers are done using a method Muv (boardname) posted a how to in the tutorial section on this Board. Thanks for looking everyone and have a wonderful evening. :thumbup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]341690[/ATTACH]

Oh my Jenniky...........your Home Tweet Home birdhouse block is wonderful. I love all of the colors you used in making it. All together your blocks look fantastic. I would even say they all "POP"!! :D Your quilt at the end of the year is going to be wonderful. Thank you for sharing with all of us today!!

Jenniky 06-20-2012 10:43 AM

Thanks Sulabug and Welcome Back.... Glad you had a great visit. :) :)

Oksewnsew 06-20-2012 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had quite a time pondering over how to do my June block. So here is my piece. I fancy Hummingbirds anyway. Hope you like it.

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343556[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 06-20-2012 10:10 PM

OMG that is awesome OKsewnsew! Beautiful June block.

SulaBug 06-20-2012 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 5289640)
I've got the purple block done. My goal was to make this one look like a page from a scrapbook. Don't know if I will do the other the same, or completely different.

Purple and green block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342136[/ATTACH]

WOW!! :D Another beautiful birdhouse block for our June 2012 Calendar month series. Your page of a scrapbook idea turned out really great. The wood fabric you used for the birdhouse is perfect. I love your Love Birds in a Heart, it is just to cute for words. Great work & thank you for sharing with all of us!!

SulaBug 06-20-2012 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew (Post 5304756)
I've had quite a time pondering over how to do my June block. So here is my piece. I fancy Hummingbirds anyway. Hope you like it.

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343556[/ATTACH]

Jean..........A Hummingbird feeder, how original & beautiful!! :D You did good with your choice of your Home Tweet Home block idea. Hummingbirds are favorites of most everyone I know & your work is awesome. You really did put a lot of thought into this lovely creation!! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. I LOVE IT!!