Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 March 2012 BOM pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-march-2012-bom-pictures-t181146.html)

Jenniky 03-02-2012 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene (Post 5023161)
I thought I had added this thread to my email, but guess I didn't click everything. I love the blocks, as usual. Here it is only the first of the month, and I'm ready for April. I'm on another BOM but I think I'm going to make this block for that one too. And when I figure my embroider machine out, I'll add a little embelishments to some of my blocks. Since I'm making them for my granddaughters, I want to make two different blocks each month, but since we are part Irish, this is a good block to duplicate. So here is my March block.

Awesome fabrics ... Loving it :) Great job on the block :)

40MPHK9 03-02-2012 03:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my shamrock block done yesterday--this was so easy and quick to make, and how clever...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]316739[/ATTACH]

Today is on to my Craftsy BOM, and the Hello Sun block--doing those ones, too. :)

lovelyl 03-02-2012 04:45 AM

40MPHK9. I love your block!

40MPHK9 03-02-2012 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5023898)
40MPHK9. I love your block!

Thank you! :)

marymc 03-02-2012 05:35 AM

Thanks so much for the shamrock block. I have been unable to work along each month this year but this block inspires me. With a name like Marymc I obviously am of Irish heritage. I think my next project will be a scrappy quilt of greens in the shamrock block pattern.

CajunBear 03-02-2012 10:14 AM

Wow looks like an easy block...I know I have shamrock fabric will have to decide if I want patchwork or not!

Hugs,
Cajun

SulaBug 03-02-2012 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by 40MPHK9 (Post 5023781)
I got my shamrock block done yesterday--this was so easy and quick to make, and how clever...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]316739[/ATTACH]

Today is on to my Craftsy BOM, and the Hello Sun block--doing those ones, too. :)

What beautiful fabric's you have put together for your March 2012 Shamrock block!! :D I just love it, the greens are so yummy looking. Now that you have this done, you will have plenty of time for your other projects, before it is April & time for another block!! Thank you for sharing with all of us & good luck sewing!!
:D :D :D :D

bibliostone 03-02-2012 11:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, here are my two March blocks. I'm not sure if I love them or not yet, but they are growing on me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316821[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 03-02-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by marymc (Post 5024048)
Thanks so much for the shamrock block. I have been unable to work along each month this year but this block inspires me. With a name like Marymc I obviously am of Irish heritage. I think my next project will be a scrappy quilt of greens in the shamrock block pattern.

MaryMc...........I love your idea of a scrappy quilt of greens, using this Shamrock block!! :D I can just picture how pretty that will be. Please remember to share pictures with all of us, as you make your blocks. We will be so anxious to see them!! Good Luck & have fun sewing.

SulaBug 03-02-2012 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 5025185)
Well, here are my two March blocks. I'm not sure if I love them or not yet, but they are growing on me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]316821[/ATTACH]

What do you mean LOVE them yet? They are absolutely darling & you have done such a nice job making them!! :D I would say they are definate keeper's & I am sure others will agree with me also!! :D Your fabric's really went well together & they look like such fun blocks. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today!!