Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 OCTOBER 2013 Quilt-Block-of-The Month PHOTO"S. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-october-2013-quilt-block-month-photo-s-t231557.html)

CAS49OR 10-11-2013 04:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think I like paper piecing but cannot believe how I struggled with this one! It was just one silly mistake after another. Just mindlessly using the wrong color in the right place for example! Or lining up the sections right but sewing down a line no where near the edge. You gotta see this one, I sent it to DH for a giggle so I have it on my phone.. just a sec, let me see if I can transfer it (new phone, no brain....) Oh, here it is:

I mean, how could I not notice the extra inch of fabric hanging off the side? [ATTACH=CONFIG]440774[/ATTACH]

I re-sewed my seams several times trying to make things "perfect" and then once again realized no one is going to notice but me, so did the best I could and I consider it done! I think it's a little small again. I'm wondering how I'm going to put the quilt together -- but that is a worry for another day! Have a great weekend BOtM group!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]440775[/ATTACH]

djmat 10-11-2013 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
CAS, your blocks are always marvelous!
Here's an additional block for Mary's big bed, kinda looks like Legion of Merit award. I appliqued the center flower patch to give it depth, hope she likes it. Just couldn't do another bold yellow!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]440782[/ATTACH]

thimblebug6000 10-12-2013 07:43 AM

Cas your block turned out great! Once the paper comes off when it's ready to be put into a quilt, there will be some "fudge" allowance, right? (at least that's what I'm hoping for) :D

Difergie 10-13-2013 10:17 AM

Printed out the pattern, now to go make it! Wish me luck, the ones so far look awesome...

Difergie 10-14-2013 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]441255[/ATTACH]I thought this was hard! Maybe because I am tired and on a diet LOL! Only two more to go....

CAS49OR 10-15-2013 10:53 AM

Thanks Thimblebug, I don't think there is much allowance, hopefully at least 1/4" but my blocks are all different sizes, so I guess I'll have to add sashing in different sizes to make squares?

DJ, I really like that, especially the center flower.

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 6344875)
Cas your block turned out great! Once the paper comes off when it's ready to be put into a quilt, there will be some "fudge" allowance, right? (at least that's what I'm hoping for) :D

Caroline S 10-19-2013 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Caned Seat block. CAS, I am glad to see that someone else has blocks of different sizes. This one is 13.5 inches, aaargh!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]442117[/ATTACH]

CAS49OR 10-19-2013 12:59 PM

That's pretty Sweet Caroline. Love your nickname -- do you like Neil Diamond?

Yes, I'm wondering how we'll put them together. This is my first year doing the BOTM. I think I'll lose some of the design, cutting the edges off so I can sew it together.

klgreene 10-19-2013 01:04 PM

October 2012 BOM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm back from my trip, caught up with this block, but have others to do. Hope I get all caught up with everything I need to so I can start fresh in November. Love all your blocks. Can't wait for the last two months.

CajunBear 10-19-2013 01:12 PM

Gosh, I need to get mine made!

Hugs,
Betty