Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

paintmejudy 09-20-2017 07:30 AM

Oh my, Mary, this is gorgeous, the D fabric will make it sparkle and pop.

lawsonmugs 09-20-2017 08:10 AM

Thank you Judy ,seems I always head to black or brown.lol I wanted fall colors that I could also use around Halloween,without it being Halloween fabrics.

Just Jan 09-20-2017 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 7909879)
Oh my, Mary, this is gorgeous, the D fabric will make it sparkle and pop.

I agree with Judy, that D is gorgeous. Is it a Batik? Or does it have gold sparkle in it? It looks like the little buds are jewels. Who makes it? Its going to be a perfect runner. I'm thinking I might make one of mine wider for a bed runner. And then of course I'd need matching shams or at least a throw pillow! lol. But seriously I'd love more info on the fabric if your wouldn't mind.

JeanieG 09-20-2017 09:21 AM

Just beautiful Mary! Love those fabrics!

Just Jan 09-20-2017 09:27 AM

Jaba and MissGiggles, I love the sets you both ended up choosing.

jillmc 09-20-2017 10:59 AM

These are all so pretty! I am anxiousfor the next step!

lawsonmugs 09-20-2017 11:20 AM

Thanks ladies. The fabric is solid black background. The kind of olive green color is bright so it looks like a gold sparkle. It had a light gold outlining the little circles that makes it look like jewels. I got it at Connecting Threads.The border says " Enchantment " 2016. I think I got it in the last 6 months. They may still have it. I bought a half yd. I should have bought more cause when it came I really liked it. Isn't that how it goes. Hope this helps you Jan.

Roma Bauder 09-21-2017 01:10 PM

Looks like I almost missed this train. I am running fast to catch it

annt59 09-21-2017 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7907745)
Thanks Judy, maybe I picked the right colors this time:)
Just Jan, we plan on leaving around the 1st and it takes 3 long days to drive it. We are 3 miles from Lakeland, in Mulberry, and the Winn Dixie and Public's is open there so I don't think we will have a problem. I'm not much of a fast food person so that's not a problem, should be able to find restaurant's open if need be.
There is a lady here that works for the hospital and coordinates with the low income cancer patients so they can get their medications, appointments, etc. and I supply her quilts for the patients. Gave her 12 in May and she is going to pick up another 12 this next week to distribute to new patients while we are gone for the winter. I'm happy they can be used and go to a good cause. Apparently they are happy to receive also as I've gotten some very nice thank you's. I can only deal with so many quilts and I'm sure not going to quit sewing at this point, it's a stress reliever or therapy for me, at least that's what I tell my hubby :)
We don't have to deal with the garden anymore....hubby just came in and said it's done for, froze last night and there's snow on the mountain tops.

I'd love to see sime pictures of your quilts.

paintmejudy 09-22-2017 06:52 AM

Roma no worries, it's never to late to start a mystery on this train