Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

paintmejudy 09-30-2017 10:00 AM

Jillmc and DHensen - thankyou

Can't wait to see it Jan, I just washed and polished my sunglasses. I'm ready for it. And I like the idea of the C for the sashing to make the blocks float.

Chasezzz 09-30-2017 10:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for another great train ride and beautiful design Judy! Here is my "blues" runner (ready for sandwiching, which will be another day) and a close up of the center block. I wanted the A and D fabrics to shine, so did muted border and sash.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581518[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581519[/ATTACH]

Chasezzz 09-30-2017 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
But...earlier this week I decided to make another in a completely different color range! And for this one, I simplified the sashing because I wanted the D fabric to shine! This is a very versatile pattern! The closeup of the center block is meant to show that the other three fabrics are tone on tone. I love both runners!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581520[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581521[/ATTACH]

Just Jan 09-30-2017 11:02 AM

OH WOW CHASEZZZ I thought the blue one was so pretty until I saw the black and yellow one! Do you have any info on the border fabric? Its just gorgeous! I have black and yellow solids in my stash! ;) I'm also thinking of making one to match my Civil War quilt. But if I don't get off this computer soon, Karen, I won't have the first one finished!

Chasezzz 09-30-2017 11:12 AM

Just Jan...selvedge says Robert Kaufman Night and Day Screen Print # 13551. I've had it for a while...the yellow in the chrysanthemums (and the yellow tone on tone as well) is actually brighter than the picture shows.

jillmc 09-30-2017 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chasezzz-those are both gorgeous! Love the focus fabric in the black and yellow!
My back needed a break from digging, so i put my blocks together! Now I need to search for more of the black holly....my fat quarter has no info on it. Booooo!

Just Jan 09-30-2017 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chasezzz (Post 7917023)
Just Jan...selvedge says Robert Kaufman Night and Day Screen Print # 13551. I've had it for a while...the yellow in the chrysanthemums (and the yellow tone on tone as well) is actually brighter than the picture shows.

Thanks! I found it online and was able to purchase it from QuiltersApprentice.com and they also have it in black with berry colored mums. I just purchased the yellow but both colors are beautiful.

Just Jan 09-30-2017 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by jillmc (Post 7917032)
Chasezzz-those are both gorgeous! Love the focus fabric in the black and yellow!
My back needed a break from digging, so i put my blocks together! Now I need to search for more of the black holly....my fat quarter has no info on it. Booooo!

Very pretty!

tscweaves 09-30-2017 12:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Chasezzz, Your runners are hust beautiful! The black & yellow made my jaw drop, it is stunning!

Jillmc - Your runner is beautiful!

I finished one of my tops this afternoon. I am not sure when I will get to the other, but I will. My looms are really calling my name.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581528[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581529[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]581530[/ATTACH]

This is going to be so much fun to see all of the runners finished!

D.Henson 09-30-2017 01:15 PM

OMG, these are turning out awesome. Chasezzz: Love the black and yellow!! Jillmc: Very nice, love the Christmas fabric. tscweaves: Red, black and grey are amazing together. I just love all of these table runners!!