Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

tscweaves 09-30-2017 07:35 PM

Question for you all, what do you use for batting on a table runner? I have only ever used Warm & Natural for the 4 quilts that I have made. Is there any reason that wouldn't work okay?

Just Jan 09-30-2017 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by tscweaves (Post 7917230)
Question for you all, what do you use for batting on a table runner? I have only ever used Warm & Natural for the 4 quilts that I have made. Is there any reason that wouldn't work okay?

Yes, that will be fine. I use Quilters Dream, Request Loft (very light weight) for my quilts because otherwise they are too hot for Florida weather. If I have leftovers I use that for runners, etc. You can use any kind of batting you want. Warm and Natural makes runners 'lay nice' on the table.

tscweaves 09-30-2017 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7917236)
Yes, that will be fine. I use Quilters Dream, Request Loft (very light weight) for my quilts because otherwise they are too hot for Florida weather. If I have leftovers I use that for runners, etc. You can use any kind of batting you want. Warm and Natural makes runners 'lay nice' on the table.

Thanks Jan, I knew you would have the answer for me:thumbup:

paintmejudy 10-01-2017 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by tscweaves (Post 7917230)

I always use warm and natural on runners. I want them to lay flat after quilting and sometimes a batt with even a bit of loft isn't flat. I always seem to have something to sit on a table runner, and want things to stand, not lean. LOL

lawsonmugs 10-01-2017 08:07 AM

D.Henson love the Christmas runner. These are all looking great.

klaws 10-01-2017 09:00 AM

All of the runners have been beautiful so far. I haven't even started on mine yet. I will eventually catch up.

Roma Bauder 10-01-2017 06:19 PM

Home from the hills now to getter done Love the pattern. Thanks Judy.

jillmc 10-03-2017 04:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
All done! I decided to do a skinny border and use up my fat quarter-i have a 2" strip left! Whew! I used Thermalam batting-it has just a bit of loft, and adds a little more heat protection to the surface than cotton batting. I have not had any problems with tipping stemware or anything when using this batting.
I love this pattern, Judy, and i hope to get a Fall version put together this week.
All of the runners here are so pretty!

Thanks again, and will be looking for the next Mystery!

tscweaves 10-03-2017 05:51 AM

jillmc - ooh, you have you runner quilted too! It came out so pretty.

Blue Bell 10-03-2017 06:21 AM

jillmc, lovely runner, I love it.