Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

Just Jan 09-10-2017 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7903856)
Judy The bid started at $2 per box. I bought all 3 boxes at $4 each. It's all cotton. Perfect for quilts etc. Now this makes it even harder to pick fabrics for the mystery. lol. I guess I'll have to struggle through it somehow. tee hee.

May I help you in your struggle? LOL In the last picture I love the yellow/gold and the two mates to the left work fine with it. Since its your find I guess I will let you choose the fourth fabric. (But I think the almond in the second picture matches very well!) :p Hey, don't mind me... just kidding and getting a little stir crazy waiting on Irma!

paintmejudy 09-10-2017 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7903856)
Judy The bid started at $2 per box. I bought all 3 boxes at $4 each. It's all cotton. Perfect for quilts etc. Now this makes it even harder to pick fabrics for the mystery. lol. I guess I'll have to struggle through it somehow. tee hee.

Awww Mary, my heart goes out to you in this time of indecision!

retiredteacher09 09-10-2017 03:29 PM

Oh my! I forgot the new mystery started yesterday!

I will hop on the train and socialize and EAT for this mystery.

Connie

lawsonmugs 09-10-2017 03:35 PM

Thanks Ladies for your heartfelt messages. lol Life can be so hard sometimes. These really are some great fabrics. I was gonna go with some black,grays and a multi color to go with my kitchen. It is a light silvery gray with white cupboards. So I am free to go with about anything. Hope your all still safe, your in my prayers.

happylab 09-10-2017 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Blessing and prayers to all of our Florida members in the path of Irma. I hope your damage is very little. I've been watching the storm track for over a week. Sending lots and lots of quilting hugs.

I have not not found my fabric yet, still looking. So many choices. I like everyone's choices so far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]580329[/ATTACH]Here is a pic of our new kitten we got yesterday. She is unnamed at this time. We are waiting to see how her personality comes out. So far she is a people cat. She likes to be with people.

Blue Bell 09-10-2017 04:37 PM

Love your black kitten. My daughter recently acquired a black kitten. He is a great cat. She named him Clawed Monet. Have you picked out a name?

jokir44 09-10-2017 06:14 PM

From that pic I might call her Snuggles.

JeanieG 09-10-2017 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lawson - Great looking fabrics! Have fun sorting it out and using it!

Happylab - what a darling kitten! I'm sure you will come up with a great name soon!

Here is the fabric that I found for this Train Ride. Hopefully it will work well!

Bluebonnets 09-10-2017 07:50 PM

Congrats! Nice, nice haul Lawsonmugs!

Love your "D" JeanieG.

AnngelAnne 09-11-2017 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 7903136)
Mary -- I loved this D fabric, too. Was given a FQ but haven't ever seen it, would have like to go buy a couple yards. It is a perfect focus fabric, isn't it? Colors on the pix are not true, they are rose and pinks, not orange. I'm even less of an orange person than a pink person, but this is what I had. And I made it to donate to my guild's small quilt auction, we raise money to buy the batting for our charity quilts.

I too thought they were shades of orange and almost fell out of my chair when I saw the pink D. That sure would be some focus that way, lol. But then I stopped to think for a minute and remembered, this is Judy, it will be wonderful no matter what. So now I know its pinks, I'm sitting comfortable again.