Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

2 Doods 01-27-2012 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by mim (Post 4914223)
I'm so mad I could spit!!! :-( :-( I just finished A1 which really confused me until I went to That Quilt and found out that Brenda had made a mirror image in her book. I finished it and was cutting it to size. My DH -- and he is really the most loving darling -- BUT -- he came in and brought me a cup of coffee and I cut one side 1/4 inch short.
The good news is that it was a row so it will be fairly easy to remove the row and do it over. It would have been a bess if it had been a side instead of a row.

Tomorrow will be a better day. Mim

Oh Mim! I am right there with you! I spritzed mine with a little water to press it. The paper was still on it and a little of the ink ran onto my white. UGH!!! I tried washing it out.....I don't know.... I left it for now and went on to another block. I also didn't realized that it is a mirror image so mine spins backwards. I am a lefty and I sometimes spin backwards according to my right handed family. So maybe it fits me :o
Tomorrow will be a better day here too!

luvmortherest 01-27-2012 10:46 PM

all the blocks are beautiful ladies

jacquie 01-28-2012 03:52 AM

how wonderful, all this work... such lovely blocks!!!

'2 doods', i don't think it matter at all if you mirrored your block or not... (there are no quilting police living in my house!!!) whose to know they weren't meant to be that way!?! lol
great job i say!:thumbup:

GV09 01-28-2012 06:12 AM

I'm up with my homework!

6 Attachment(s)
Good morning, ladies!
I did it!Last nightI finishedthe 3blocksof the Week2!I'mup with myhomework!Hahaha!
I showpictures ofthe blocks,the wholeweek2 andtwoweeks!
Witha program calledVisio 2010diagramI made aquilt.And now mychartalready hascolor!
I am veryhappy!Now I cancontinue my"Heartsin Darkness"and all myother projectsgoing!
I wish you abeautiful weekendand leave youa big hug!

Carsey 01-28-2012 06:27 AM

GV09: How did you get the DJ spreadsheet with your photos in it to work???? I can't get it to work for me.
Your blocks are gorgeous!!

Blessings!
Carole

brookemarie19 01-28-2012 06:37 AM

GV09, your blocks are great, and I love your spreadsheet. Great Job! Can't wait to see more lol

GV09 01-28-2012 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey (Post 4918443)
GV09: How did you get the DJ spreadsheet with your photos in it to work???? I can't get it to work for me.
Your blocks are gorgeous!!
Blessings!
Carole

Thank you very much, Carole!
I didthe outline withacomputer program calledVisio2010 (belongs toMicrosofOffice).
The programallows me to dothe outline.Theninserteach pictureandshrinksto fit theblock.
A hug!
Gladys

GV09 01-28-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 4918488)
GV09, your blocks are great, and I love your spreadsheet. Great Job! Can't wait to see more lol

Thank's, Brooke!
You "should"wait! Hahaha! I mustwork on myother projectsgoing!Hahaha!
A hug!

jacquie 01-28-2012 07:45 AM

GV09, i loooooove your colours!! they're beautiful and 'warm'... just gorgeous!!

JudyTheSewer 01-28-2012 04:50 PM

Hi, I am not only wanting to have the block 'spin' as Jane's original did, but I would also like to duplicate her "wonky" look. I think Jane did that on purpose; similar to how F-1 is drafted. Is anyone aware of a pattern for this? If not, I think I will draft my own.

Originally Posted by TymeToShine (Post 4916490)
Is there a pattern to be able to make A-1 the way Jane made it?