Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 01-07-2012 09:36 AM

I'm off to the nearby LQS to try and find a certain green for Arizona. Also need some black batting. TTYL

meanmom 01-07-2012 09:51 AM

I have used the Ricky Timms stable stuff and loved it. I used it in a quilt that was part pieced and part PP. Once it is washed you can't feel it. I love to PP but HATE HATE removing the paper. Probably because my first quilt was the Oregon star from this book. 64 of them. All that paper to remove. It took days. I am using the Ricky Timms paper for this project. I am worth cost. I will cut costs somewhere else. I Have the first 3 blocks finished. I am working ahead because I am waiting on some embroidery thread I need for another project. WHen it comes in I have to switch to that project for a while.

paintmejudy 01-07-2012 11:37 AM

Ok, you convinced me - ordered a package of the sheets from a site that offered free shipping. (Cost was $2.00 more, but still ahead with the free shipping.) I really wanted to get a 3-yard roll, it would be more economical for cutting into sizes needed, but at least I can try it. (Ricky Tims wanted $9 for shipping!) Thanks for your testimony on the Stable Stuff.

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 4851490)
I have used the Ricky Timms stable stuff and loved it. I used it in a quilt that was part pieced and part PP. Once it is washed you can't feel it. I love to PP but HATE HATE removing the paper. Probably because my first quilt was the Oregon star from this book. 64 of them. All that paper to remove. It took days. I am using the Ricky Timms paper for this project. I am worth cost. I will cut costs somewhere else. I Have the first 3 blocks finished. I am working ahead because I am waiting on some embroidery thread I need for another project. WHen it comes in I have to switch to that project for a while.

wvhill22 01-07-2012 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ (Post 4850439)
All the blocks are beautiful! Seems like everybody EXCEPT us 'Bama girls have done the Alabama block! I'm also wondering if using "used" fabric softener sheets will work, instead of paper for the piecing. I'll give it a try and let you know. That way it won't have to be removed. I also press the used dryer sheets before using them for foundation work, and that stiffens them enough to be usable without stretching, and I try to keep them as square as possible while pressing.

Do you just trace the design on the dryer sheets?

Mad Mimm 01-07-2012 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 4851309)
Shiela N, I wanted to reach out through my computer screen and steal your block! So beautiful!

Thanks Ronda, you are sweet! That is just about my favorite color palette - blues purples and greens, yummy!

Mad Mimm 01-07-2012 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 4851363)
Mad Mimm, what a gorgeous Alabama!

Thank you! Isn't it wonderful to see all the beautiful combinations this group has come up with? This is such a fun project!

PokerDiva 01-08-2012 05:51 AM

#2 star alaska

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Alaska.

tomilu 01-08-2012 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 4853854)
Here is my Alaska.

What right beautiful colors!!!!! Great job!! Here is mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]301328[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 01-08-2012 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful tomilu. I thought I would show you my Alaska I did for the BOM 2011. I did them all in blue ,white and yellow.

klgreene 01-08-2012 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And TaDa, I got it done!