Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

ckcowl 01-29-2012 12:12 PM

OMG!!!that orange juice & sunshine block is AWSOME!!!
I tend to love them all but that one---it just sings to me! :)
thanks all for your kind words about my ironing incedent---i've always been very good about pulling the plug when i leave my sewing room- i don't just shut it off- i pull the plug-
this time it was not enough- because it was burning inside after the plug was pulled- i keep thinking -what if i had just pulled the plug and we had left???
but i know we can not live the (what if's game) so- i'm going to go back to my sewing room- with the new iron- and try to get my block done--
boy---I LOVE THAT ORANGE JUICE & SUNSHINE BLOCK! i might have to make a second one with those colors- just to have it :) it would be fabulous on the front of a tote bag- or the back of a jacket-or...just hanging on my wall :)
great block
they are all great blocks- yes we should be the (admiration group )

whitepine 01-29-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by janey39quilts (Post 4922372)
Here's my California. I call it orange juice and sunshine.

Good one. Very CA!

whitepine 01-29-2012 01:08 PM

CK, Now I'm worried too. Because I always pull the plug and then set it in the closet. That would be disaster. Guess we need a fireproof box to set them in. I've always worried about my toaster and coffeepot but thought the iron was safe because of unplugging.

ckcowl 01-29-2012 02:39 PM

my California block finished

1 Attachment(s)
so, i went in plugged in the new iron (which sucks!) and finished my block
it turned out ok i guess-
hubby is getting pretty funny about these- when i finished it and came out he again (like last week) grabbed it and checked it out totally- up close & personal---
i told him " you know- there are no quilt police."
his reply?
"well maybe i'll just be the first"
told him many have tried- we impeach them quick :)

and about the worries i caused people to have---please do remember- the iron i burned up today was OLD! and inexpensive too (like 20 years old-old) so don't get too worried- just be aware of smells and them not working like they used to.

goldendog55 01-29-2012 03:02 PM

California

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the first 4 blocks, and California is by itself. Everyone is doing a great job! I wouldn't have wanted these stars for a first paper-piecing project!

moonwork42029 01-29-2012 04:15 PM

wow ckcowl...that is an awful way to retire an iron. Thankfully you and your family are okay but shaken...understandably so. I think you deserve some chocolate and wine and maybe not in that order either!

Janet My 01-29-2012 05:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, everyone did a Great Job on the stars.... Here is my California... and the other 4

whitepine 01-29-2012 05:37 PM

Ckcowl and Goldendog and Janet, very striking. Your three with their black backgrounds go very well together.

PokerDiva 01-29-2012 05:41 PM

All the blocks are wonderful. Janet, I really love the red, white and blue.

tomilu 01-29-2012 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my California block and the group. You ladies have all done such a wonderful job!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]307380[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]307381[/ATTACH]