Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-block-11-photos-t107711.html)

Lacelady 03-16-2011 02:59 AM

Oooh, Kathy, I like this one - it's fun choosing fabrics, isn't it?

QuiltswithConvicts 03-16-2011 03:14 AM

Yea, it's fun playing & fondling the fabrics, but also scary as I think about just how many I actually have - very scary!!! I think I could make 100 of these quilts & not even make a dent in my batiks.

Lacelady 03-16-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Yea, it's fun playing & fondling the fabrics, but also scary as I think about just how many I actually have - very scary!!! I think I could make 100 of these quilts & not even make a dent in my batiks.

Ah, but very nice to have that many to choose from. The thing is that really it is lovely to have a large choice, but often we only need little bits. I had a few 5in squares, and I have used several of those already. I suppose the ideal would be to have lots of fat 8ths.

sandpat 03-16-2011 05:31 AM

Kathy, that one is sooo pretty! All these little blocks just seem to sparkle..aren't they great?? Love it!

My LQS sells these little packets called 911 paks. They contain fabrics that go together, there are 11 (I think) pieces in each one and they are cut 9" x 11". Funnily enough, I had one of those paks (I buy them to give as gifts) in my AOTH colors. I've used several of the pieces already. I think I'll have to look for another one. They originally did it for appliquer's emergencies..you know when you just need a snippet of something in just the right colors? I know they are fairly expensive- $9.11..but they are great to have around!

Ducky 03-16-2011 06:16 AM

Kathy, I am totally in love with your block! It's absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could just reach in through the screen and grab it.

Butterflyspain 03-16-2011 06:17 AM

Patti that sounds like a great idea to have fabric cut in little pieces.

All the blocks are really looking scrumptious, I love them all, each one is going to be so individual when its all put together.

candi 03-16-2011 06:19 AM

Pretty blocks, Lesley and Kathy. Love them!

firequilt 03-16-2011 12:02 PM

This block is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

QuiltswithConvicts 03-17-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Kathy, I am totally in love with your block! It's absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could just reach in through the screen and grab it.

Why don't you spread those wings & fly over here - I'm just a bit south of you, you know - in New Mexico - in the armpit of Texas.

I tried making those brownies with the chocolate chip cookie dough in them - you know the ones with the globs!

Cheated - big time - box brownies & tube of cookie dough. Think next time I may gently fold the globs into the batter instead of placing them on the top - didn't sink in like I thought they should. WalMart had Pillsbury brownie mix for $1 - should have bought a case! They also have their Great Value brand of cookie dough!, so this batch was under $3. Really yummy, but I wanna try the other way, too, for comparison.

If you start out first thing in the morning, you should be here just in time for dinner.

Grandma58 03-17-2011 08:55 PM

Me too!

Originally Posted by Ducky