Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #11 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-block-11-photos-t107711.html)

Roxanne 07-03-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm alternating between 3 different colors for the embroidery. It just depends on the predominant colors of that particular block and then somtimes, i use more than 1 color on the same block. Ummmm...I've really stepped out of my comfort zone on this quilt!

I have tons of DMC too..I did worlds of cross stitch and have almost every color...then my Dad's wife decided to sell all of hers in a garage sale...guess what wandered over into my car??! :shock:

Patti---is that sort of like "look what followed me home?"

dreamer2009 07-03-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roxanne

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm alternating between 3 different colors for the embroidery. It just depends on the predominant colors of that particular block and then somtimes, i use more than 1 color on the same block. Ummmm...I've really stepped out of my comfort zone on this quilt!

I have tons of DMC too..I did worlds of cross stitch and have almost every color...then my Dad's wife decided to sell all of hers in a garage sale...guess what wandered over into my car??! :shock:

Patti---is that sort of like "look what followed me home?"

LMBO~~~I'm thinking it is :)

Butterflyspain 07-04-2011 02:49 AM

I wanna come to your house Patti and see what follows me home lol

I am doing different colours on the blocks and my silk is running out again, so I had a look at what floss I had and started using that as well. So I have a lot of colours on this one.

OOOH we have an American guy on the TV showing ushow to cook somethign special for 4th July. Woo hoo

Mousie 07-04-2011 04:26 AM

elle? is that woo hoo for the dish, or "the dish"? LOL ;)

Butterflyspain 07-04-2011 05:28 AM

In this case Mousie it was a woo hoo for the dish.. he he

sandpat 07-04-2011 06:12 AM

Yes, that is EXACTLY what it is like....oh my, look what jumped into my car! You all know that when parents have garage sales, the kids get to go through it all before the 1st customer...right???!! Thats a written law, ya' know...:)

Butterflyspain 07-04-2011 06:33 AM

oh yes Patti thats for sure

leakus 07-04-2011 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my #11. I made a mistake when I cut the big flower and had to change the block a little bit! LOL.
Also, I changed the settings of the machine for the embroidery and didn't come up neat but didn't have the "heart" to do it again. If I cannot live with it when all are done I'll see. This quilt is for ME; it will be the first one staying home.

Leakus AOTH #11
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220753[/ATTACH]

Ducky 07-04-2011 08:53 AM

Beautiful, Andrea! What a luscious color of red!!!

Butterflyspain 07-04-2011 09:07 AM

Its lovely Andrea and I cana´t see any mistakes. When you et them all laid out you won´t even remember where it was