Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

candi 09-09-2011 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Candi...I'm going to "wing it"....just decide as I go along. I know that I'll stitch around all the applique pieces and I think will echo some blocks, swirly in some blocks, heart filler in other...have you checked out the "fillers" on Leah Day's blog? I think its Daystyle designs...wait, I'll find the site for you..

Here is the link http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.c...on-filler.html I love her blog and look at her stuff for inspiration all the time!

Pat, thanks for sharing the website, I am familiar with her designs and they are inspirational. You know I never thought about doing each block differently( duh I know), I keep looking at them and think that for many of them there isn't room for much quilting. Not that I need to worry abiut quilting ut yet, I am working on block 7, almost half way done with blocks.

sandpat 09-09-2011 06:15 AM

Candi..I'm thinking this is kinda like Jane....each block can easily be done differently. Of course, with the trapunto between my blocks..it will all tie together anyway. It will with yours too...you are doing on point, right?

deranged_damsel 09-09-2011 07:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I INNOCENTLY went to Lqs yesterday to pick up some thread...

and just LOOK at what I found!!!!!

I think these may have been printed JUST for ME :mrgreen:

GV09 09-09-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel

Beautiful fabric!

GV09 09-09-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jolo
Welcome Gladys,glad to have you with us. Will go look at your block now. Well guys I am slowly catching up. I am finishing #20,only 3 behind now but life does go on. lol.My youngest DD and family came up from Florida and I met them in Paris Tx.We had a good time at the Holiday Inn Exp. just laying around the hot tub and pool,eating and laughing together. Now back to the funwork.....

Hi, Jolo! Thanks for your welcome! A hug!

Lacelady 09-09-2011 10:33 AM

Oh yeah, HOW innocently???

candi 09-09-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Candi..I'm thinking this is kinda like Jane....each block can easily be done differently. Of course, with the trapunto between my blocks..it will all tie together anyway. It will with yours too...you are doing on point, right?

Yup, on point. I guess I need to finish first then I'll worry about quilting, lol.
I can't wait to see yours.

candi 09-09-2011 11:45 AM

Oh yeah, they are lovely.

Deecee 09-09-2011 01:38 PM

Great black and whites. Just made for you.

I intend doing the QAYG but in smaller sections and hadn't thought about keeping the backing whole though.

Mind you, I have to finish a few more blocks first. :lol: :lol:

sandpat 09-09-2011 03:50 PM

Wow Candace, those DO look like they were born to be in your quilt! Just think of the cool fussy cutting you can do with that swirly one in particular! (Innocently my right eye!- LOL!)

Thats the thing about QAYG that bothered me...I didn't want all those seams on the back, but I do want the quilting to show on the back this time. (I did my Jane differently). I think this way will be perfect way to do it...we'll see anyway!