Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 10-08-2011 05:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As long as I am here, I might as well post the weekly note of encouragement. Tomorrow begins week #19. This week is for making the top & bottom inner borders. Again, photos of your borders are welcome here on the main thread.

I was thinking earlier this week that I sure would have liked to do these borders with the small squares on point all around. I could have done them on the machine & been finished with them! Oh, well, I do have the last round of shark tooth borders cut & marked. Just need to press & pin, then stitch. I thought I would do a biggie border & a shark tooth border, then back to another biggie border, & so on.

Happy stitching! :lol:

Here is my center with the border on, again, just in case you have forgotten. ☺
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268087[/ATTACH]

pattis47 10-08-2011 06:42 PM

Gee whiz, just jump right in......are you a hand appliquer or machine?

Originally Posted by retirednana
I would like to join in is it too late.I will do my best to catch up.I love applique have the book already but just need that push to keep me focused . should I just jump in?

QuiltswithConvicts 10-08-2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by retirednana
I will get started right away.Midnight blue background and batik
petals.

OK, you are officially on "the list!" Are you going to do hand or machine applique? What size blocks are you making? We are a bunch of nosy people! :-)

Deecee 10-08-2011 11:07 PM

I still love your centre Kathy.

Retirednana welcome aboard. I am also interested to see your answers to the above questions.

.......and just to make you feel good, I am only on my third block.

d.rickman 10-08-2011 11:34 PM

Retirednana welcome aboard, you will love it here, these ladies are the best!!!

candi 10-09-2011 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
Retirednana welcome aboard, you will love it here, these ladies are the best!!!

I second that.

OK, did another count today,lol, and I have 13 blocks to go, four of which have bobbin work done already and templates cut. I am getting really excited :-P Need to seriously think about my setting triangles and outer border designs. May be borrowing ideas, lol.

Shemjo 10-09-2011 07:05 AM

I have my fabric, and the book. Now I need time!

Cre8tvlwyr 10-09-2011 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo

I've been here pretty much since the start ...have finished 5 blocks. When you find what you "need" let me know where you got it! I need it too :roll:

retirednana 10-09-2011 03:54 PM

Thanks for the thumbs up .I will be doing mine by hand and since i will post them on this board I will be doing my best

QuiltswithConvicts 10-09-2011 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Shemjo

Is this "time" something we can buy? Do they carry it at Walmart? Wouldn't it be great if we could buy a can or jar or crate of it?