Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Mousie 10-19-2011 06:00 PM

wow, i really like that. I can't do that, but I like that, lol! :thumbup:

d.rickman 10-19-2011 06:33 PM

That is really nice Sandpat, thanks for sharing...

QuiltswithConvicts 10-19-2011 07:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Patti, I, too, saw this quilt. This is where I got the idea to use the corner hearts in the biggie border, but mine are beefier(to match their creator) & I made them with 2 pieces, but that's my inspiration! It really is a pretty quilt! I don't think I have that much open room on my blocks for all that quilting. I am planning on FMQ areoun the applique pieces & maybe an echo or two. With the embroidery around the border hearts, there won't be a whole lot of room there iether, so may just follow along side of the embroidery there, too.

Just really looked at this pic - wow, they really are dull! Not in real life! The right heart is turquoise - not grey! & the right one is more hot pink with purple spots.

pab58 10-19-2011 07:47 PM

Kathy, I really like your idea of using the corner hearts in the big border! I especially love the embroidery you're doing around them!

d.rickman 10-19-2011 08:05 PM

OMG those are very pretty Kathy, you do really nice work, your quilt will be stunningly beautiful.

pattis47 10-19-2011 08:08 PM

Kathy,
Did you decide against the reverse applique on the outer border?

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Patti, I, too, saw this quilt. This is where I got the idea to use the corner hearts in the biggie border, but mine are beefier(to match their creator) & I made them with 2 pieces, but that's my inspiration! It really is a pretty quilt! I don't think I have that much open room on my blocks for all that quilting. I am planning on FMQ areoun the applique pieces & maybe an echo or two. With the embroidery around the border hearts, there won't be a whole lot of room there iether, so may just follow along side of the embroidery there, too.

Just really looked at this pic - wow, they really are dull! Not in real life! The right heart is turquoise - not grey! & the right one is more hot pink with purple spots.

candi 10-19-2011 08:11 PM

Kathy, BEAUTIFUL!

Pat, thanks for sharing. I was thinking of similar swirlies for quilting mine, although mine are not as neat, lol :mrgreen:

QuiltswithConvicts 10-19-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Kathy,

Oh, yeah! I don't do reverse applique or needleturn. I'm doing freezer paper applique. I had thought her border was a little weak considering how elaborate the center part is. I know you don't want the borders to be more powerful than the main part of the quilt, but I just thought they could be beefier!

pattis47 10-19-2011 08:49 PM

I was dreading all that reverse, how wide did you make the fabric for your heart 1/2" or 3/4"

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by pattis47
Kathy,

Oh, yeah! I don't do reverse applique or needleturn. I'm doing freezer paper applique. I had thought her border was a little weak considering how elaborate the center part is. I know you don't want the borders to be more powerful than the main part of the quilt, but I just thought they could be beefier!

Deecee 10-19-2011 10:32 PM

As I am doing the small size, I was looking at sashing mine also. Love the quilting on this one. Do you know if she has she done the original size or larger?

Kathy, your hearts and swirlies look fabulous - the beefier look appeals to me also.