Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

d.rickman 10-22-2011 10:59 AM

Pattis - beautiful center, love your fabric for the inner borders.

pattis47 10-22-2011 12:05 PM

Thanks

Originally Posted by d.rickman
Pattis - beautiful center, love your fabric for the inner borders.

Deecee 10-22-2011 12:26 PM

That looks beautiful Pattis.

pattis47 10-22-2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
That looks beautiful Pattis.

thanks for the nice words

Lacelady 10-22-2011 01:37 PM

Looking really good Patti - My narrow borders were also 1.5in, (with 10 in blocks).
Your choice would also depend on whether you plan to use a border print, or perhaps make your own?

QuiltswithConvicts 10-22-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Gorgeous!!! What a fast worker you are and your quilt is incredible. I love everything about it. My blocks are 10" squares and I used a 1 1/2" inner border. Your border fabric is beautiful and you can make it any size you like as long as you remember to make your sashings on your corner blocks the same size. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Patti - ditto what Losie says. I, too, am doing 10 " blocks with 1 1/2" inner borders. For an 8 1/2" block, your border (if you are wanting to keep your border in the same proportions as Aie has) would be 1 3/8" wide + 1/2" seam allowances would make a cut size of 1 7/8" width.

pattis47 10-22-2011 03:12 PM

Thanks for the help...just finished dinner, getting ready to start sewing block 31.

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Gorgeous!!! What a fast worker you are and your quilt is incredible. I love everything about it. My blocks are 10" squares and I used a 1 1/2" inner border. Your border fabric is beautiful and you can make it any size you like as long as you remember to make your sashings on your corner blocks the same size. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Patti - ditto what Losie says. I, too, am doing 10 " blocks with 1 1/2" inner borders. For an 8 1/2" block, your border (if you are wanting to keep your border in the same proportions as Aie has) would be 1 3/8" wide + 1/2" seam allowances would make a cut size of 1 7/8" width.

sandpat 10-22-2011 04:11 PM

Ooohhhh, that looks wonderful Pattis!

I'm gauging the width of my border by what I want showing on the top of the bed vs. the drop down on the sides. Remember the sashing pieces that Lesley did those lovely embroidered hearts on need to be considered also.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-22-2011 04:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Can you all believe that we will begin Week #21 tomorrow? It's the week for Block #7. This one is an easy one. It can be even simpler by fussy-cutting the center circle & only using one circle there instead of the 3 as the pattern shows. Either way, it's a fun, simple block. Have fun!

Happy Stitching.

pattis47 10-22-2011 05:06 PM

very pretty

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Can you all believe that we will begin Week #21 tomorrow? It's the week for Block #7. This one is an easy one. It can be even simpler by fussy-cutting the center circle & only using one circle there instead of the 3 as the pattern shows. Either way, it's a fun, simple block. Have fun!

Happy Stitching.