Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Fabric Galore 10-28-2011 01:45 PM

Great job, Candi. Your painted blocks are beautiful. You are a very talented lady. I'm doing good to applique.

Mousie 10-28-2011 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Beautiful colours and from where I'm standing (which is somewhere near Mousie) you are not behind at all.

tee hee hee...want some cheese? I'm always carrying :XD:

candi 10-28-2011 06:38 PM

Thanks ladies for all the kind comments.

Elle, I used Shiva paintsticks..it is a lot if fun.

And Lesley, yes, as I was painting one, I was wondering how the AOTH would look painted....but I love to applique too. :P

Mousie 10-28-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Thanks ladies for all the kind comments.

Elle, I used Shiva paintsticks..it is a lot if fun.

And Lesley, yes, as I was painting one, I was wondering how the AOTH would look painted....but I love to applique too. :P

I looked at the site...oh, be still my "so easily tempted side"...I used to be such a frugal mousling. then...sigh...i came to QB :XD:
that's my story and I'm sticking to it like cream cheese on crackers! :lol:

QuiltswithConvicts 10-28-2011 07:10 PM

Candi, ALL your blocks are wonderful! Did you use freezer paper as a mask for the paintsticks? It's so nifty!

Deecee 10-28-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie

Beautiful colours and from where I'm standing (which is somewhere near Mousie) you are not behind at all.

tee hee hee...want some cheese? I'm always carrying :XD:

Mousie, we can have a party at the rear of AOTH and stuff ourselves with cheese and goodies before anyone else even realises what is going on. :thumbup:

candi 10-28-2011 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Candi, ALL your blocks are wonderful! Did you use freezer paper as a mask for the paintsticks? It's so nifty!

Yes, I started with some Hawaiian Applique pattern, modified it a little to my taste, traced it on a freezer paper, and cut a stencil out. Lots of fun, I was able to use the stencil for all four blocks....I see LOTS of possibilties. :P

Deecee 10-28-2011 10:06 PM

And Candi, I love the fact that they come in gold, silver and bronze metallic. Nothing like a little bling.

candi 10-28-2011 11:30 PM

And Candi, I love the fact that they come in gold, silver and bronze metallic. Nothing like a little bling.

And not only metallic colors, but their Shiva Iridescent colors are all shiny, I think that is the box I am going to have Santa get for me :mrgreen: Yup, yup, love quilty bling. :XD:

GV09 10-29-2011 06:45 AM

Hi all!
For some unknown reason, do not receive updates to this thread, so he "rowed" more than 10 pages to catch up!
I apologize for how long it this and the next post.
Thank you for QAYG data, I think it will be my way to get a quilt of this and other quilts!
Khaty love your blocks! I loved # 13!
And the block 10 minutes is great! I prepared a design staff with him, but not yet finished, but I loved it!
crftyldy-Karen welcomed the group, hope to see your photos!
Sandpat loved the photo of the AOTH machine quilter! She made a beautiful quilt customization!
Khaty love your borders! Bahh ... I love ALL of your quilt! Lol! I had to say! Hahaha!
I love the border more "robust" as well, because it goes with me! Maybe I should have to "copy! Hehehe!
Congratulations on Block 1, crftyldy-Karen!
Lacelady-Lesley, her quilting is gorgeous! I love the look! Congratulations!
Fabric Galore-Lossie is fantastic! I love your paper towels! What a wonderful discovery! You are a lucky girl! I can not wait to see if you apply it!
I loved his work Pattis74 central! And the sashing fabric is beautiful!