Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

luvmortherest 10-29-2011 08:31 PM

beautiful

Fabric Galore 10-30-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Tomorrow begins Week #22. Block #19 is the scheduled block. Some have been calling this the "dreaded #19! ;-) It really isn't too bad. You will get a workout on making those lovely scrolls as there are 12 of them here. This is called "practice, practice, practice!" It's how we get better at something. By the time this block is finished, you may just have mastered them.

Enjoy & Happy Sitiching!

Kathy

Thank God, I already have that block behind me but, believe it or not I don't dread the scrolls anymore. I guess I finally got the hang of them. Or else I've stopped seeking perfection!

QuiltswithConvicts 10-30-2011 10:18 AM

Losie, I stopped asking for perfection when I realized the Lord was pointing out how imperfect we humans are. Now I just do it & am happy with the results whatever they are! However, this quest for perfection didn't have anything to do with my do-over on the AOTH blocks & made the first time. That was pure pride walking around & not liking anything about the way they looked. :x

Lacelady 10-30-2011 12:40 PM

Ladies, for those of you contemplating the possibility of doing Little Brown Bird after this quilt (gluttons for punishment) you may not have noticed this thread:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-164423-1.htm

Do take a look at the link that shows great close ups - not of the original, but beautifully done.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-30-2011 01:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ladies, From what I gather about the changes coming, our Blog won't be as bad as we thought it might be!!!!! YEA!!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!

Dreamer, Thanks for scoping out the 411 for us. I think we were all really worried a lot. It isn't even wine o'clock, & I am drinking a little glass! I just can't envision a day without all my sisters! I get up at 4:45 am just so I can log on & get my fix before I head out to the prison!

Just added the pic. No fancy crystal for me. With the carpal tunnel, I'm a plastic girl all the way!

Yes, that's the AOTH schedule behind the monitor!

It's Wine O'clock somewhere, isn't it?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279498[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 10-30-2011 01:15 PM

Just going to get a glass now Kathy, CHEERS

See you work to a schedule as well. Mine for the DJ is working so far, if I keep going like this it will definately get finished Hip Hip Hooray you will hear it across the pond.

Trish88 10-30-2011 02:36 PM

wow Candi....your work is awsome hun.....I can only dream about something like this...I got the book been studying all the beautiful blocks...and hopefully after xmas I will be able to try my hand at this....I need to ask will this subject still be in force after the holidays or will you plan to start a new one?
Thx Trish

luvmortherest 10-30-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Ladies, From what I gather about the changes coming, our Blog won't be as bad as we thought it might be!!!!! YEA!!!! Hip Hip HOORAY!

Dreamer, Thanks for scoping out the 411 for us. I think we were all really worried a lot. It isn't even wine o'clock, & I am drinking a little glass! I just can't envision a day without all my sisters! I get up at 4:45 am just so I can log on & get my fix before I head out to the prison!

Just added the pic. No fancy crystal for me. With the carpal tunnel, I'm a plastic girl all the way!

Yes, that's the AOTH schedule behind the monitor!

did i miss something somewhere?

Mousie 10-30-2011 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee

Originally Posted by Mousie

Originally Posted by Deecee
Beautiful colours and from where I'm standing (which is somewhere near Mousie) you are not behind at all.

tee hee hee...want some cheese? I'm always carrying :XD:

Mousie, we can have a party at the rear of AOTH and stuff ourselves with cheese and goodies before anyone else even realises what is going on. :thumbup:

:XD: sounds like a plan!1,2,3 go---> :lol:

candi 10-30-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Trish88
wow Candi....your work is awsome hun.....I can only dream about something like this...I got the book been studying all the beautiful blocks...and hopefully after xmas I will be able to try my hand at this....I need to ask will this subject still be in force after the holidays or will you plan to start a new one?
Thx Trish

Thanks Trish for the kind words.

We will be working on this well past the holidays. :P