Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

sandpat 12-17-2011 06:10 AM

Welcome home Lousie! Sounds like a great trip...one I've always wanted to take!

ann clare 12-17-2011 01:27 PM

Kathy your quilt is stunning. Love, love your borders.

QuiltswithConvicts 12-17-2011 09:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, Ladies, it's Week #29. Time for Block #6. This one is the fiddliest of them all. Had a bit of trouble getting all the pointy ends in the right places.

Next week is Christmas vacation!

From my home to yours - Merry Christmas!

Fabric Galore 12-21-2011 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee (Post 4787802)
Glad you enjoyed your trip Losie. What parts of Australia did you visit?

You had better break out those decorations now though.

We spent 3 days in Sydney and then 1 day in Hobart. Most of our cruise was in New Zealand. I should definitely have packed warmer clothes. My friend kept telling me it was summer time but it felt more like winter to me. I loved everything. The people are so friendly and the towns are so clean. I loved the mts. and the ocean. Definitely worth the trip.

Deecee 12-21-2011 10:38 PM

Glad you enjoyed yourself Losie. You probably flew over me going from Sydney to Hobart.

Kathy this is one of my favourites but I am not sure if it is the block itself or the colours that you have used that appeals the most to me.

Love your nutcracker too.

crftyldy 12-22-2011 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's very quite here lately, is this normal around Christmas, or is this fallout from the changes to the board?

Found my camera and posted blocks 7,8 and 9. Here is the first 9 blocks together.[ATTACH=CONFIG]297140[/ATTACH]

sharon b 12-22-2011 03:37 PM

Crfty - get blocks and yes it does get quiet around the holidays, everyone spending time baking, cooking, cleaning and spending family time - I really need to seriously start working on my blocks

candi 12-22-2011 03:49 PM

Karen, absolutely beautiful! I love your blocks together.

I have just finished the quilt I made for my mom for Christmas, been MIA trying to get it done on time, lol. Won't get back to my AOTH until January and sooo looking forward to it.

And just in case I don't pop in here again, I want to wish all of you wonderful ladies a very Merry Christmas (or whatever Holiday you are celebrating) and a fabulous New Year full of quilting joy and FINISHED projects :D You all have been such an inspiration.

sandpat 12-23-2011 06:23 AM

Crfty....your blocks are gorgeous! Great job on them!

Wishing everyone here a wonderful and safe holiday!

debbieumphress 12-23-2011 06:48 AM

A few of us plan to start the AOTH in January, Quilter7x told me about it too. How fun. I have my project box ready to go and NP3 is sending me Kona Black fabric for it. She decided I needed it for my Christams gift.....absolutely. teehee. She is such a good BFF.
So I will be ready to go.

Thank you too Sandpat. I love seeing the blocks everyone does. I plan to start a notebook with notes form everyone who has already done this.....sure it will help us as we go. I am so ready.....HUGS
Happy Holidays to everyone....