Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Deecee 02-09-2012 10:49 PM

O.K. I might go back and start at the beginning of the book - I don't think many people will be still following the old schedule. I'm doing the original size and not enlarging and using a black background.

jacquie 02-10-2012 02:08 AM

woohooo deecee!!!
i'm just starting my 7th block!! glad to be sewing along with you!!!
:D(yeah! i'm not lone!! lol)

Deecee 02-10-2012 02:56 AM

You're beating me Jacquie!!

Fabric Galore 02-11-2012 04:53 PM

Welcome Woody and Joy, it is great to have some new comers on our AOTH journey. I love to use Bottom Line thread or silk thread if I can find it in the right colors. I have very limited access to silk threads, so I have just the basic colors. I find that some of the cheaper threads tend to knot and break; very frustrating. AOTH is frustrating on its own; I don't need any help from lousy thread. I figure this quilt will be a keeper and I feel that all of my time is worth the best I can afford. I'll be looking for your posts and cheering for you to complete your quilt. I hope to complete mine this summer when things will slow down (I hope, I hope.)

QuiltswithConvicts 02-11-2012 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, everyone. I enjoyed catching up on all the chatter! Welcome Woody & Joy! The schedule is nearly complete, so you can do whatever you want about order. I had made the order the way it is because this group began as a Dear Jane group. Comments were made that you couldn't put anything together until you were nearly through making all the blocks. Aie's layout just begged to be sewn the way I set the schedule up. It doesn't really matter what order you do, they all need to be done, eventually.

We are starting Week #37 & this week's block is easy-peasy for you as you have been through the wringer with the last two blocks. Block #34.

Enjoy stitching this one.

Happy Stitching.

crftyldy 02-13-2012 12:20 PM

Beautiful Kathy. I just got my fabric in for blocks 16-18 today. Sad part is, DH put my book somewhere "safe"! Need....to....find....it.......

Fabric Galore 02-13-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by crftyldy (Post 4972011)
Beautiful Kathy. I just got my fabric in for blocks 16-18 today. Sad part is, DH put my book somewhere "safe"! Need....to....find....it.......

God help you if your DH is anything like my DH. His coffee mug is on his boat trailer in the back yard, his cell phone is on the mantle in the living room and he put his discharge papers somewhere "safe" when we moved here 11 years ago; he didn't trust me to pack them. We haven't found those papers yet and probably never will. Our daily entertainment is "finding things" because I am as absent-minded as him. It keeps our blood circulating:D

crftyldy 02-14-2012 11:20 AM

It could have been that bad but it wasn't. After telling me he put it in a box, I found it on the book shelf by my chair....?:p

Fabric Galore 02-14-2012 04:53 PM

Karen, congraulations! I'll be looking for your blocks. I know it is a relief to find your book.

QuiltswithConvicts 02-18-2012 03:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Week #38, Block #36 - no, we're not done quite yet! Four Hearts & four flowers with a bit of embroidery. A reward for plugging through some of the past weeks' blocks.

Happy Stitching.