Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 02-25-2012 03:46 PM

Lisa, your quilting is fabulous! I have loved your quilt from the first block & now, it's even prettier! You are using a lot of thread because you are doing a lot or should I say a TON of quilting! It is amazing!!!

QuiltswithConvicts 02-25-2012 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr (Post 4989605)
Kathy - about are we done yet??? some "we's r not done at all!!! Did I read somewhere in my scanning from time to time there is a new group starting?? And btw - how is little bird coming along??
Monica

Hi there! We are getting ready to start Week #39 tomorrow. There are 48 weeks in the schedule, which means we only have 9 weeks left & one is a catch-up week. Three weeks are devoted to quilting the quilt, so there isn't much left. I'm glad to see that there is interest in starting another group. This is an amazing quilt & I am so very glad I'm finished with mine. It got a little bit trying at the end as I was doing all the small borders as shark tooth borders & I really got tired of them! Persevered & got them finished. Quilted the thing & bound it.

I'm not doing Little Brown Bird, at least not right now. I have a quilt called Peswara that I am nearing completion on for DH's office at the prison. Also designed a quilt for the annual festival here in Hobbs. Theme this year is New Mexico's Centiennal & inspiration slapped me hard one day. Now I am having trouble ending the inspiration. Pic is attached of the center with the fabrics I just got in Albuquerque on Tuesday. Still have some more applique to do, then quilt then do the embellishments.

What are you up to right now?

QuiltswithConvicts 02-25-2012 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We are rolling into the final weeks of this project. This is going to be week #39 & we are schedulad to make Block #33. This was my favorite block of the whole quilt. I guess it's the slightly off-beat feel to it instead of being neatly divided up into quadrants. Enjoy making this one. The pieces are bigger than most of the other blocks, too.

Happy Stitching.

Deecee 02-25-2012 10:40 PM

Beautiful Kathy. I love the offset style much more myself.

pattis47 02-26-2012 03:52 PM

Yes Jacquie, but you will be working on the wrong quilt! :thumbup: :p :eek:

Originally Posted by jacquie (Post 4998581)
yeeeaahh!!! a new group!!

instead of being very behind in this group, it means i will be very ahead in this next group!!!:thumbup:

happy dance!!:D

jacquie 02-27-2012 02:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
is this a different quilt? have i walked in at the 'end' of a conversation?? lol...
oooops!!

here is my block 16 which i finished last night...

Originally Posted by pattis47 (Post 5011227)
Yes Jacquie, but you will be working on the wrong quilt! :thumbup: :p :eek:

Deecee 02-27-2012 04:10 AM

I think I said it before - but I still love the red batik. Great work.

lisamortell 02-29-2012 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm almost done with my quilting i have about 30% of the border to do. The eco quilting is so hard i have never done it befor. I guess I'm learning. Lisa

jacquie 02-29-2012 11:24 PM

do you know, this is looking ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!:) :thumbup:

you're such a wonderfully talented & lucky lass! you will OWN this quilt! to the envy of all others who will see it and DROOL!!! lol...

enjoy it! you deserve it!! will done!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Deecee 02-29-2012 11:46 PM

It just keeps getting better Lisa. :thumbup: