Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Photos - Block #9 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-photos-block-9-a-t95416.html)

leakus 07-02-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jolo
Love it Andrea. I hope to get back to mine soon. Still have 2 bindings to put on. Then watch me .....lol

Thanks! I will be waiting for you. Have you started?

leakus 07-02-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by np3
I was experimenting with some links and found this thread. Ladies, what beautiful blocks! I do very limited hand work because of my arthritis, otherwise I would join you. Can't wait to see more blocks!

I just started and decided to do all by machine. I used satin stitch but you can also do blanket stitch.
Join us!
Andrea

leakus 07-02-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
andrea...looove your block.
Did you starch your fabric?
What kind of a machine do you have?
you did a really great job and fast, too! wow...

Hi Mousie,
No, to tell you the truth, I read about a new raw applique technique. The difference with the standard is that you put the batting and secure the raw edges with a straight stitch that you free motion. You do it 2 or 3 times. by the end you have your pieces secured and your quilting done.
So, I wanted to try it but was scared of the result adn wanted my AOTH be nice. I did put the batting before I did the satin stitch. It doesn't really look like quilted but I'll see later when I put it on the desigh wall.

I have a Pfaff Creative 2.0 that I am learning how to use. I still doon't master the tension on it but I love the features to applique. Needle down and when you stop the foot lifts so you can pivot the fabric. Next block I'll try the tapering.

thanks for the compliments by the way. I is really stimulating.

leakus 07-02-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
That chicken made me laugh out loud, you lot are totally crazy and I love ya.

You cannot imagine how fun it was to share the funky chicken swap and the crazyness when we were "creating" them. I am from FL, that is how the "baked" chicken came up.
so fun.

Deecee 07-02-2011 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gosh, you are so fast Andrea, and such a great job too. :thumbup:

It has taken me a while to get my first block finished, but it is done and I have now started on the next one.

Edit: the embroidery on the corners does show up better in the flesh.

Block #9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220129[/ATTACH]

Roxanne 07-03-2011 03:34 AM

Deecee, I look forward to seeing more or your work..It is perfect! Love your fabric in your corner hearts and they are a perfect match to the center. Good job.

sandpat 07-03-2011 04:25 AM

Oh gosh Deecee...your block is absolutely gorgeous and perfect! when the pic first popped up, I thought it was one of lisa's blocks....it would fit right in with her colors...I've gotta say though...WOW! Love your fussy cut hearts. Beautiful job!

maryb119 07-03-2011 04:31 AM

Love your block, deecee!

Deecee 07-03-2011 04:46 AM

Thank you for the lovely comments ladies.

Patti - I have to say that I would happily "borrow" all of Lisa fabrics - they would certainly play nicely with mine.

sandpat 07-03-2011 04:59 AM

Yes, they would Deecee...her pile is lovely! I bet yours looks just as good though! :)