Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Photos - Block #9 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-photos-block-9-a-t95416.html)

pab58 07-04-2011 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OMGoodness!!! :shock: After seeing DeeCee and Andrea's blocks, I'm not sure I even want to post a pic of my first block!! :oops: :oops: :oops: They are absolutely beautiful!!!

Well, before looking at my picture you all better hop onto your fast galloping horses!!!!!! Ride really, really fast!!!!! I know there are many, many boo-boos, and I have already started to correct them in my second block -- I hope! :roll: I probably will end up redoing this first block -- it's too crude. I guess I was so anxious to get started I wasn't as careful as I should have been. :cry: If I don't redo it, it will be my humility block!! :roll:

YIKES!!!! It looks even worse when the picture is so-o-o-o large!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]221049[/ATTACH]

Deecee 07-04-2011 06:59 PM

We must be looking at different blocks Patti 'cos yours looks just lovely to me. We tend to be overcritical of our own work.

I love the soft peachy/green colourscheme also.

P.S. My horse is standing still - and its a mini so I am quite close.

Mousie 07-04-2011 07:00 PM

I better hurry on my #9, so you will feel much better!
I love your colors!
I did a wall hanging for someone out of those shades of peach and green and I loved it.
humility block...I'll have to remember that...I keep starting over,...and over...and... :roll: :lol:

Deecee 07-04-2011 07:02 PM

Bite the bullet Mousie.

Finish that block and post a pic.

Mousie 07-04-2011 07:05 PM

okay, okay... :oops:
Won't be tomorrow though.
I'll try for wed. or thurs....got tons to do on it.
loving my new colors though! :thumbup:

pab58 07-04-2011 07:07 PM

The colors of the fabric I used for the hearts is actually pink, lavender, blue, and a bit of peach. I tried to get mostly pink, but some of the blue got in there, too. :-) I should have used the flash on my camera. :?

I'm trying to use ONLY fabrics I have in my stash. The green leaves/petals were the background of a fabric I used last summer for a baby quilt. It has various animals on it: lions, tigers, hippos, elephants, etc. I fussy cut in the green areas. The circle in the middle of the flower is actually the tiger's fur from that same fabric. I'm trying to look at my fabrics with different eyes so I can make the best use of them. I try not to look at the overall fabric, but the individual areas of it. Thus, the use of the tiger fur. :wink:

Mousie 07-04-2011 07:20 PM

very creative, pab! looks lovely, really it does :thumbup:

leakus 07-04-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
OMGoodness!!! :shock: After seeing DeeCee and Andrea's blocks, I'm not sure I even want to post a pic of my first block!! :oops: :oops: :oops: They are absolutely beautiful!!!

Well, before looking at my picture you all better hop onto your fast galloping horses!!!!!! Ride really, really fast!!!!! I know there are many, many boo-boos, and I have already started to correct them in my second block -- I hope! :roll: I probably will end up redoing this first block -- it's too crude. I guess I was so anxious to get started I wasn't as careful as I should have been. :cry: If I don't redo it, it will be my humility block!! :roll:

Patty,
I agree with Deecee's comment. We are definetively looking at a different block than the one you posted. I think the fabric selection is very nice as well as the applique and embroidery. Looking forward to see your #11.

QuiltswithConvicts 07-04-2011 07:35 PM

7x, I've never used Steam A Seam 2. I like WonderUnder as is doesn't gum up the needle or make the piece stiff. I do "window" larger pieces before fusing.

Love the block!!! Gotta love yellow!!!

Patty, I love your block. Great Jobwell done!

QuiltswithConvicts 07-04-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by np3
Miss those eyes!!!

Not me! She was really spooky!