Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

dakotamaid 12-06-2011 05:55 PM

Thanks for this tip, I just set my settings to 20 posts also. I think that will work for me also. :)

Originally Posted by C
e8tvlwyr;4758032
I tried something befor reading Country's post.. this is my thought - I clicked on the first link and it brought me to a page that started with post #16XX [couldn't remember last two #s] which was about half of post #3197 - so I went up to my [don't know what its called... the site showing on my browser] to the part that had the "160" and doubled it to "320" - wala! it was exactly the right page. A much hokier way of doing it - but it does work. I have my site on my home computer set to display 20 posts per page so if I have a post# I can automatically figure out what page I should be on in a particular thread.

J.M. 12-08-2011 05:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a little digging through my UFO projects and found the one Dear Jane block I already made. It's also the very first piece of applique I ever did. I made this one about a year ago.

Cre8tvlwyr 12-08-2011 05:45 AM

you did a great job, JM!!!

Anael 12-08-2011 05:46 AM

That's a great block J.M.!

countryone77 12-08-2011 06:34 AM

Wow, that is beautiful.

Anael 12-08-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest (Post 4750811)
my most daunting block to date (not quite finished with mine yet) was definately D-11 i did that one for the blue/white/gold block that klue did and wound up throwing it across the room. when i told my Mom that i had thrown it she said "wow that is not like you." she has watched me rip out seam after seam on something i was making and not even break a sweat. D-11 actually made me cry. my advice on this one is to see if you can rework it to make it easier for you.

I made the block and doing the applique now. That's no fun :( The block went together without problems though. I didn't rework as I don't see how.

sandpat 12-08-2011 04:25 PM

On the software, there are several blocks that have "alternatives". You can check those out if you don't feel comfortable, or you can re-draw the block with a pp pattern. Lots of times, by adding a couple more seams, you can make the block much easier.

D-11 was one that many of us re-made the pp pattern for, so it wasn't too bad

jillaine 12-08-2011 07:12 PM

Okay! Let's SEE some of these completed D-11s !! :-)

susie-susie-susie 12-09-2011 06:02 AM

Finally I have reached the last posting. I started DJ 3 years ago. I put it away and have probably 50 blocks done. I am ready to join and finish her. I'm not sure that I can do 3 blocks a week, but I'm going to try.
Sue

thomp116 12-09-2011 06:02 AM

Hooray! I have ordered my CD, book, etc. I will pick up my background fabric next week. Good to go! Can't wait to get started on "Jane visits Pittsburgh." Yep, she is going to be black and gold with maybe a Steeler logo hidden in there somewhere!
Thanks for all the hints and suggestions so far.
And.....my two friends and I are planning a trip to Vermont in Sept-Oct to see the original.
Merry Christmas to everyone here!

Kris