Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

jaciqltznok 12-09-2011 08:38 PM

is anyone using the Ecology cloth they recommend on the DJ site?

I can not believe we are at 22 pages already and Jan has not even gotten here..how in the world are those of us who are starting in Jan going to find any info at all??? Will there be a totally NEW topic made just for posting the weekly info?

sewNso 12-10-2011 04:31 AM

did all you newbies find the different jane quilts on the CD yet? quite interesting to look at them all. and when chosing a quilt for you 'palet' i do believe it is called, they just show up so nice.

SheriR 12-10-2011 05:49 AM

I can not believe we are at 22 pages already and Jan has not even gotten here..how in the world are those of us who are starting in Jan going to find any info at all??? Will there be a totally NEW topic made just for posting the weekly info?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

mim 12-10-2011 10:58 AM

I googled soft expressions -- what an interesting site !! Patterns, books, tutes ans lots of designers and authors.
I will have to go back and peruse it again several times to see everything -- thanks for telling us about it
Mim

urgodschild2 12-10-2011 01:33 PM

I just bought the cd computer program and I am totally frustrated trying to use it. I went through all the lessons and I still am clueless. I would be willing to trade the CD for the book if anyone is interested. I live in Buena Park CA. Just pm me if you are interested.

urgodschild2 12-10-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4767678)
is anyone using the Ecology cloth they recommend on the DJ site?

I can not believe we are at 22 pages already and Jan has not even gotten here..how in the world are those of us who are starting in Jan going to find any info at all??? Will there be a totally NEW topic made just for posting the weekly info?

I was having the same thought. Apparently they did this before so some people have some of this already done.

Anael 12-10-2011 01:53 PM

What's your problem with the cd urgodschild? I think using the program is great because you can print all the blocks so you don't have to trace them all from the book. There are lots of blocks you can pp and print the foundation which makes it easier to make them - at least that's my opinion.

pjnesler 12-10-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by J.M. (Post 4761995)
I did a little digging through my UFO projects and found the one Dear Jane block I already made
. It's also the very first piece of applique I ever did. I made this one about a year ago.

Wow - that fabric really makes it look so vibrant - like it's dancing!

jillaine 12-10-2011 07:36 PM

I don't have the CD, but I find that the web site, thatquilt.blogspot.com, provides phenomenal assistance in making each block. So print out the template from the CD, then find the corresponding page on thatquilt.blogspot.com and follow the directions there.

sewNso 12-11-2011 05:24 AM

yes ladies, the CD was confusing to begin with. somehow i just kept playing with it, and it worked for me. had to reload it into the new computer, so none of my 'stumbled on preferences' were in it. i did learn this time, that to get the patterns to print. you need to have pulled up, and found the different colored/themes of janes on the CD, and placed one in your pallet, or put in your color scheme. THIS time i put in the civil war reproduction themed quilt, then and ONLY THEN could i start choosing blocks, and whether i wanted to PP, rotary, etc. each block.
I OFFERED WITH ONE LADY here on the board, and connected with her, but not followed thru, cause we had to buy a new computer. BUT PHONE and personnally tutoring a newbie might be an option for us that had been using the CD somewhat successful. how about it old timers. are you up for it. i think i will reconnect with my newbie, and she how she is doing.